Genshin Impact - Version 1.6 Trailer

I'm utterly disappointed.

1. Rerun of coop domains most horrible character, useless outside of Abyss barely anyone plays any more (Klee)

2. A new character that is aesthetically main character copycat and is of the same starting element, worth only to those who don't have Venti and need swirl explosion ult with Ganyu's one

3. Housing "quests", chores in fact received by characters you own meaning less characters you got, less rewards you get

4. Another DPScheck bosses event with yet another stupid plaque as it's major reward

5. Sea Dogs wannabe boat with cannons in different timed races

6. Two new weapons, who needs new weapons?

7. Swimming skins? Not combat armor skins? Count me unimpressed

8. A new boring boss

9. A bomb gadget probably similar to miniventi, noone will use

Welp with that attitude I don't think you will be happy with any of the updates until new region.

Reruns are horrible but klee is welcomed for all those that started a bit after launch day I guess.

Housing quests are great and it is awesome to use all those chars you are not using, even if only in your pot.

Beach skins are a must in gacha games world, personally I am unimpressed by those we get, but happy we are getting them anyway.

And hey, I was constantly using 'miniventi' thing to reach for some of the stuff. It is great to have it if you don't have that boring bard.

All in all not that much dissapointed as I expected nothing and got it, so oh well. At least we finnaly got some qol.

I haven't played this (doesn't really seem to be my thing and I detest gacha mechanics) but I think I'm most impressed at how much money they are making without Steam.

Anything that decreases the stranglehold that steam has on games is a good thing to me.

I'm still playing this game - adventure rank 56. I'm doing the daily-quests and wait for the next bigger region. It's good they don't release so much new content, that allows me to play other RPGs as well :)
My first three sqads are maxed out and I'm a very low spender (I've used the standard Gnostic Hymn Battle Pass three times (=3x11$) - not for winning the game or Gacha mechanics - just for giving a company money that provides hundrets of hours of fun for free).

Reruns are horrible but klee is welcomed for all those that started a bit after launch day I guess.
Okay I guess some people really want to have her. Not sure why though.
I refused to participate in her banner the first time she appeared.
To this day I ask politely if anyone tries to enter a coop domain with her to switch onto anyone else, she's so bad in coop.
As I said, she is useful in Abyss, but who cares for Abyss any more?
And hey, I was constantly using 'miniventi' thing to reach for some of the stuff. It is great to have it if you don't have that boring bard.
I do have Venti.
Venti had a rerun and you'd have to be extremely unlucky not to have him.
Stuff reaching is not Venti exclusive really - you can use Keqing teleport if you have her. ;)
Gnostic Hymn
It is the only thing in the game to support devs, the rest offers are stupid gems to gamble with.
Sure you get a few gems in Gnostic Hymn too, but it's an ignorable amount and you can't buy it endlessly (you can't whale it) as it's offered just once per patch.

Gnostic Hymn saves you from 10-15 days of grinding for mats&cash, depends on your AR. On top of it, adds a nice weapon. For 10 bucks it's a bargain.
It is not a mandatory thing anyway.

Gnostic Chorus however is a plain scam.
I haven't played this (doesn't really seem to be my thing and I detest gacha mechanics) but I think I'm most impressed at how much money they are making without Steam.
I believe they'd get even more if the monetization strategy was something Sims like.
Base game - free, expansions (patches) 10-20 bucks. Everyone and their mother would buy that.

Sadly, their decision was to milk gambling addicts instead.
What I'm saying and we already discussed it.
Try the game, it's fun. But stay far far away from it if you can't say no to lootboxes.

Back
Top Bottom