Wasteland 3 - Battle of Steeltown Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Invasion checked out Wasteland 3 - The Battle of Steeltown:

Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown Review -- Factories and firefights

Last August, I was able to play Wasteland 3, inXile Entertainment's latest entry to the post-apocalyptic, turn-based RPG. Although it had a few flaws, my 60-hour journey was very much enjoyable. Still, I was looking for more, perhaps new adventures in the frozen wilderness of Colorado. That brings us to Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown, the game's first expansion which is set to release today.

For the sake of transparency, the developers did provide a save file that had pre-leveled characters (level 12) with decent gear. That was a blessing in disguise since I actually lost my save file when I upgraded my PC last year, and I only realized this mishap recently. Thankfully, I didn't have to replay the game from the beginning.

[...]

Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown
The first expansion for Wasteland 3 takes you to a massive factory that supplies Colorado with weapons and materials.

Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown has a few notable flaws, and it's also a fairly short romp. However, there's enough content and tactical depth to make you want to keep adventuring in this post-apocalyptic landscape.

Score: 7.5/10
More information.

Looks about like what I expected. In any case, holding out for the content complete edition before I touch it again.

According to inXile, the 2nd DLC will be out in Summer 2021. I guess I'll wait for it in order to play this game at once :)

inXile has no clue when it comes to DLC's. Obsidian does DLC better.:p

Who cares about a DLC score, when the base game is good? Keep them coming!
Currently I'm finishing that long & buggy Raymond-quest in Shadowrun Hong Kong Extended Edition, which game has the infinite advantage that it is DONE and prolly be never updated again. So final version is guaranteed. :D

I'm waiting for the director's version, then I'll play the entire sprawling game at once. I'm still debating a replay of the second game at some point this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom