General News - Casey Hudson founded Humanoid Studios

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Casey Hudson, who left Bioware for the 2nd time on Dec 3, 2020, just announced this on Twitter:

Today we are announcing a new independent videogame company built to unleash the creative freedom of developers - bringing innovation and artistry to players through an all-new IP.

We are Humanoid Studios. This is the first tiny step in our journey, and we hope you'll come along with us on the adventure.

https://www.humanoidstudios.com/
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Today we are announcing a new independent videogame company built to unleash the creative freedom of developers - bringing innovation and artistry to players through an all-new IP.
Doesn't inspire confidence, just visions of weird games. I could be wrong and I hope so, but I don t need innovative artistry games. Just develop more open world RPGs please.

Maybe that's just to lure more devs in. Or phase I of marketing where they can promise anything to hook the interest of potential customers. I'm not even reading that, just curious to see what they'll come up with :)

By the way, I'm wondering what's up with Archetype Entertainment, still no news of this "greatest science-fiction RPG in the world"?

By the way, I'm wondering what's up with Archetype Entertainment, still no news of this "greatest science-fiction RPG in the world"?
Who knows I thought it would be the new StarWars RPG game, but that turned out to be wrong. Maybe Archetype Entertainment is just not ready to show the public the new IP.

I do remember reading they are owned by Wizards of the Coast. So BG in space.:biggrin:

Casey!

Don't expect great things.

So ex Blizzard, ex Bioware people are forming studios left and right. Interesting times. Perhaps a sign that things have become too much about monetization for the average developer. I hope for good things but think how much they are focused on good storytelling as opposed to twitter posturing will be more telling for me.

So ex Blizzard, ex Bioware people are forming studios left and right. Interesting times. Perhaps a sign that things have become too much about monetization for the average developer. I hope for good things but think how much they are focused on good storytelling as opposed to twitter posturing will be more telling for me.
Yes, interesting times :) Some seem to prefer the creativity of smaller companies rather than the monetary considerations, like Raphaël Colantonio. But do we know why Casey Hudson was let go of Bioware, at the same time as Mark Darrah? They limited their comments on generic statements on both sides IIRC, so it's hard to know the exact reason, it could be anything.

In any case, he did a pretty good job on KotOR and ME and seem to give a lot of focus on the setting and story, I'm not really concerned about the motivation or the quality if they can reach their goal. It may take a lot of time before there is anything concrete though.

In any case, he did a pretty good job on KotOR and ME and seem to give a lot of focus on the setting and story, I'm not really concerned about the motivation or the quality if they can reach their goal. It may take a lot of time before there is anything concrete though.

So what do you believe to be their goal?

So ex Blizzard, ex Bioware people are forming studios left and right. Interesting times. Perhaps a sign that things have become too much about monetization for the average developer.
I don't think they are average developers.

The new iteration of Bioware, just seems similar to EA/Origin to me, a lot of noise and garbage signifying nothing. I seriously expect nothing fantastic from this new branch of less-than creative folk.

@Redglyph another Wizards of the Coast studio.

Upcoming Open-World Dungeons & Dragons RPG

In this video I am going to go over & discuss a new game announcement that was made in March of 2021. There is an upcoming AAA open-world dungeons and dragons rpg being developed by Hidden Path Ent. For more news on this game, subscribe.

@Redglyph another Wizards of the Coast studio.

Upcoming Open-World Dungeons & Dragons RPG
Yes, I saw it in your thread. I think he's reading way too much into an "about" page and job ads. Reminds me of this ad from Owlcat Games on Starfinder ;)

If that's for console in mind anyway, it can only be dumbed down D&D.

I'll just call it D&D Skyrim and I remember reading a few members want to play such a game.(Me included) My hope is it's not another mediocre release from WotC.

As Dark Alliance was a damn disaster. On a side note there was an article about more unannounced D&D games in development. I only know of three right now.

I'm not sure it's an actual question, their goal is the IP and the game they aim to create. Did I miss something?

Well the reason I wish to clarify is you said you are unconcerned about the quality. Thats a fairly interesting take. I guess any first game will be a starting point from which to build the IP from through so start modest but solid?

Well the reason I wish to clarify is you said you are unconcerned about the quality. Thats a fairly interesting take. I guess any first game will be a starting point from which to build the IP from through so start modest but solid?
Ah, what I meant is I wasn't concerned about those because he has shown many times before that he cared about quality and was motivated to build a good story (the first part of my sentence).

I do care about those but I'm not worried since it's in good hands.

Back
Top Bottom