Elex 2 | Preview

Some highlights:

• 5 factions + a special one
  • attributes are more important again
  • higher quest density
  • monsters can attack you in the air
  • kids are in the game (with quests)
More information.

Yep - they use a lot of the old map, but like in Gothic 2 -> Gothic 2: Night of the Raven I think this an advantage. They can build a more immersive world with more quests and interactions.

Last edited:
The highlights all sound good especially the 5 factions. PB has never done more than 3 before.

• kids are in the game (with quests)

Yeah, but can they be killed? Asking for a friend.

Day one buy for me.

Loved Elex 1.

And no kids can't be killed - video says that they are shooting for an age 12+ and up rating.

Asking for a friend.
We are friends? Well, every day I learn something new. Thanks! ;)

Q&A @ wccftech:
https://wccftech.com/elex-ii-qa-much-more-responsive-combat-deeper-romances-and-more/
In there is something I wanted to know:
Will romances be deeper and more involved in this sequel?

Piranha Bytes: Yes! There are more characters with whom Jax can get into a romantic relationship and the storylines of these characters are also more complex, giving more room for romances.

Yep - they use a lot of the old map, but like in Gothic 2 -> Gothic 2: Night of the Raven I think this an advantage. The can build a more immersive world with more quests and interactions.

True, but NOTR was just an expansion. Which felt fine to me. What would feel better is if they'd do it like they did between G1 and G2, where the map of G1 was basically reused in G2, but only a small part of the whole G2 map. Anyway, I hope they manage to do a good job.

childkiller.jpg
You have killed children, the youth of the wasteland. This is considered to be a really bad thing. You evil, evil person.

True, but NOTR was just an expansion. Which felt fine to me. What would feel better is if they'd do it like they did between G1 and G2, where the map of G1 was basically reused in G2, but only a small part of the whole G2 map. Anyway, I hope they manage to do a good job.

Actually, NotR only added new areas. I think he meant to say Gothic 1 -> Gothic 2.

I expect it'll be similar to that where we'll visit previous locations that have undergone changes. I actually quite like that in games and wish it was done more often.

I expect it'll be similar to that where we'll visit previous locations that have undergone changes. I actually quite like that in games and wish it was done more often.

Yeah, that sounds fine. Especially if you develop an attachment with the areas in the first game. It's nostalgic to see it again. But, as I said, this works best when the initial map is only a part of the new map. G2 did it wonderfully, with visitin the Colony again. Fantastic nostalgia, entering the Old Camp especially. I hope it's something like that. But I imagine the ELEX 2 map won't be significantly larger than ELEX 1?

Regardless, as long as they change it suficiently in the sequel, it should hopefully be fine. I also loved a similar experience in Bloodborne's expansion, where they reused quite a lot of location assets, but they changed them a lot to make them match what the Hunter's Nightmare would look.

Not sure yet about the whole 'Superman' flying thing. The jet-pack was fun, but it had its limitations in that you often had to work kind of hard to get to difficult locations. The new flying thing makes it look too easy, not much of a challenge.

It was nice to see some actual game play, looks good from what I saw.

I just like their games. Gothic 2 I think is still a Top 5 game for me especially with the NOTR expansion.

Are we still going to go around, collecting concentrated toxic masculinity essence?

Yep, they said it in the video. The desert region from Elex 1 is now (more) green with vegetation.

Really looking forward to it.

same old problems with combat i see... enemies not doing anything...

I also like their games quite a bit, but the space vikings from Elex were just super-immersion breaking for me and I quit after 20 h (before encountering the other factions).

I will give the game another try for sure, but man do I hate the space vikings. I know, I am weird like that...

The highlights all sound good especially the 5 factions. PB has never done more than 3 before.

Apparently the children can't be attacked due to wanting a pegi 16 rating, I'm not overstruck on NPC companions in any game, wittering on and getting stuck behind tables, so having a child following me about doesn't cheer me.

Looking forward to Elex 2 though.

Back
Top Bottom