Black Geyser - Q & A

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted a Q&A for Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness:

Community Q&A

While we've been hard at work developing the game, cementing our Early Access release date, and releasing our trailer, we gathered up your most common questions to get you answers (excluding some hardware ones that we're still getting answers for). Take a look below for the latest!

When is the Steam page coming?

Our Steam page is officially live! You can find it here - please 'Follow' and 'Wishlist' us!

When is the game releasing into Early Access?

It's finally confirmed! Early Access is set to go live on August 26th, 2021.

When is the full game set to release?

We are currently aiming for Q1 2022, depending on the feedback the community provides during Early Access.

Why has the game taken longer to develop than initially stated on Kickstarter?

Black Geyser is being developed by a small team with a limited budget. On top of this, the scope and scale of the game has increased over time, leading to us taking longer to achieve the content and scope we wanted to provide.

Will there be pre-order options and rewards?

Our primary focus is getting Early Access into your hands as quickly as possible. While we have discussed the possibility of further rewards outside of Kickstarter, we're instead keeping it simple: we will be applying a small discount for those who buy into Early Access.

Will Kickstarter backers gain entry to Early Access?

Yes, all Kickstarter backers who backed at the "Early Bird Digital Download" Tier or higher will receive entry to Early Access.

How much content will Early Access contain?

The initial Aarly Access launch contains the first three chapters of the game which is a significant portion of the game. This will include some side quests and several main story quests. Overall, there will be tens of hours' worth of content to playthrough. After that, we will be releasing an additional chapter during Early Access alongside further additional content.

[...]
More information.

Well…well…well…seems I wont be eating crow. Remember the promise @Ripper

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39572

Lol, yeah, I do remember what I said. I said that since the game was "almost complete and just in need of a final polish", that if it actually shipped in Aug 2019, I would eat crow pie. That chance long since expired.

I also said I wouldn't rule out the game being released one day, and hoped that happened. The part I was confident about is that they were full of shit about the state of completion - which they clearly were. I also haven't seen much yet - except a long series of excuses for why the date has to be pushed back again, and now the idea that it will go into EA for god knows how long. We shall see.

It looks cool enough, but if I'm not mistaken they said that the EA will be most of the eventual content and that it'll take around 10 hours to complete. That's way too short for a game of this sort to garner any genuine interest from me. You don't have to make a 100 hour epic, but I expect 30+ hours from a game in this genre.

Hmm I don't remember reading anywhere it will only be a 1o hr game. Do you remember the source of this information? Maybe your thinking of a different RPG game.

Probably Within the Cosmos which has been in the news recently.

Hmm I don't remember reading anywhere it will only be a 1o hr game. Do you remember the source of this information? Maybe your thinking of a different RPG game.

Probably Within the Cosmos which has been in the news recently.

It was this one. Not a 10 hour game, but I read that 3 chapters would be released in EA and that would be most of the full game's content, and those 3 chapters would be around 10 hours of game.

Edit: Oh, I read "10's of hours" as "10 hours" in the quoted portion up above.

Yeah your right it's part of the Q&A but it's only the first three acts.
How much content will Early Access contain?

The initial Early Access launch contains the first three chapters of the game which is a significant portion of the game. This will include some side quests and several main story quests. Overall, there will be tens of hours' worth of content to playthrough. After that, we will be releasing an additional chapter during Early Access alongside further additional content.
So not the full game but it sounds like it will still be a short 25-30 hr long game.

I predict this will eventually be Ripper's choice for GotY.

In 2025.

sopranos.png

Back
Top Bottom