Rimworld - Update 1.3 and Ideology Expansion Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TechRaptor reports on a substantial update in the works for colony sim Rimworld, as well an expansion has been announced.

What is the Rimworld Ideology expansion?

The Ideology expansion is focused around the idea of allowing players to roleplay more. In this expansion, players will be able to create a belief system and their colony will act it out. This can be as varied as tree-worshipping cannibal to dance party techno ravers, with all sorts of things in between as you can mix and match core elements of the belief system, and customize a large variety of elements including individual precepts, rituals, and special social roles.

Beyond that, there is a new quest category where you can hunt for ancient artifacts in an Indiana Jones rogue-like challenge as your colonists break into ancient structures, facing unknown dangers for a chance at that ancient treasure. There are new special trees that are symbiotically linked with dryads who can be controlled and grown in different castes. A lot more was hinted at in the announcement, but we'll need to wait for all the details.

[...]
More information.

I couldn't really get into the Royalty expansion but fingers crossed this one is good for them. Overall great niche game.

Its worthwhile to explore the Royalty expansion but you can ignore it as it's great overall.

I probably was doing something wrong (I love, but am not great at Rimworld, Oxygen Not Included, Amazing cultivation simulator, Dwarf fortress) but it seemed like Royalty just made it too hard. No benefit just all royal people had some bizarre request that made it tough to keep the group happy.

I probably was doing something wrong (I love, but am not great at Rimworld, Oxygen Not Included, Amazing cultivation simulator, Dwarf fortress) but it seemed like Royalty just made it too hard. No benefit just all royal people had some bizarre request that made it tough to keep the group happy.

The trick is to not nominate fussy people as they will be super demanding - then you can create your royal court at a more organic speed. I like that you get access to high tech faction assistance as long as you help out one of their nobles on the run from rabid animals or whatever. It makes things a bit unpredictable but not too much. Creating royal bedchambers and audience halls is fun also.

The trick is to not nominate fussy people as they will be super demanding - then you can create your royal court at a more organic speed. I like that you get access to high tech faction assistance as long as you help out one of their nobles on the run from rabid animals or whatever. It makes things a bit unpredictable but not too much. Creating royal bedchambers and audience halls is fun also.

Will give it a shot next time I pick it up. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom