Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is a tactics/strategy game that has been released on Steam to very positive reviews.

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is a fast-paced turn-based strategy game set in the grimdark universe of the 41st Millenium. Pick your force, develop your army, field mighty heroes and fight for victory using superior strategy, awesome abilities, and devastating weaponry.

Age of Crimson Dawn

Experience an epic twenty mission single-player campaign that explores the aftermath of the Devastation of Baal. Help Sergeant Carleon and his allies purge the Tyranid infestation on Baal Secundus, and preserve the honour of the noble Blood Angels.

Skirmish Mode

Fight across the surface of Baal on maps of your choosing and select either the Blood Angels or the Tyranids in the Skirmish mode. Completely customize your army list by picking your units, heroes and their loadouts.

Forge Your Armies

Command iconic units like the Sanguinary Priest, the Librarian Dreadnought, and the Hive Tyrant to annihilate your foes. Use over 60 abilities and 50 weapons to orchestrate your opponent's bloody demise.

Build Momentum

Each faction has a unique Momentum system that can result in a Surged unit. Units that Surge are able to string together superhuman chains of actions, or use the opportunity to further upgrade their abilities.

Call In Air Support

Use Command Points to call in faction-specific air support abilities. The Blood Angels Stormraven can obliterate xenos with a missile barrage, or deep strike a unit of veteran Assault Marines behind enemy lines. Meanwhile, the Tyranid Harpy can devastate the enemy defenses with its Sonic Screech, or scatter the battlefield with its deadly Spore Mines.

Face Your Friends On The Battlefield

With live and asynchronous multiplayer, and hotseat modes available, there's no excuse not to take your friends to war.
More information.

Looks solid, but surprise, surprise, you're once again stuck with the Space Marines in a 40K game. Wake me up when I can play as the Eldar or something.

It started off looking pretty cool but got less interesting as I watched the review. There's not much unit management to speak of, and you replace all your units for free after every battle. Overall it seems kind of simplistic.

I was too often disappointed by most if not all warhammer 40K games. But I will still try this one, and probably be disappointed once again.

Looks like solid combat but like JDR13, I'd like to see more to do in-between missions and other things to manage. It just feels a bit too straight up... anyone on the fence on this and wanting a bit more meat in a Warhammer TBS game, I'd suggest trying Gladius. Pretty good combat in a light 4x setting that is pretty engaging.

It started off looking pretty cool but got less interesting as I watched the review. There's not much unit management to speak of, and you replace all your units for free after every battle. Overall it seems kind of simplistic.

oh that is indeed not a good thing :-(

I like the cinematic feature of rapidly giving instructions to several units to enjoy a shootout. Was already in Warhammer 40,000 Sanctus Reach as well, albeit not so polished-looking. I think this game will be CheckOut-worthy, after several patches, maybe DLCs by Christmas 2021-2022.
First tho, I'll have to finish Sanctus, then the Massively Amazing™©℗® Mechwarrior 5!

i too agree that the review started out strong, and my impulse-buy finger started tingling - but the negatives started to settle me down a bit. Looks like the missions turn into a slog. Much like the tabletop game, i really hate chasing down scrub units at the end

I still havent finished the excellent Sanctus Reach, and i think that can scratch any 40k itch i get until this hits 20 bucks

Looks solid, but surprise, surprise, you're once again stuck with the Space Marines in a 40K game. Wake me up when I can play as the Eldar or something.

Have you tried the Mechanicus game?

I think it's solid and captures that faction quite nicely.

Back
Top Bottom