Non-RPG General News - A thorough Look at Resident Evil

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Noah Caldwell-Gervais has made a retrospective and critique of the Resident Evil games... 18 of them! It's a very long video of about 7h30.

A thorough Look at Resident Evil

Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Cool to see this here. I don't have time to look at it now, but I'll definitely browse through it later. Resident Evil is one of my favorite series. That should be obvious to anyone who recognizes my avatar pic. ;)

.... Resident Evil is one of my favorite series. That should be obvious to anyone who recognizes my avatar pic. ;)

Hmm. You don't look much like Milla Jovovich to me.

pibbuR who sometimes (won't say when) deliberately misunderstand things.

PS. For once, I'll watch a Youtube video about games. DS.

Good lord, are there actually eighteen games of this??? I'd no idea, rofl. I've played three of them to date, back when I actually used consoles.

Yeah, I really want to watch this, but the time investment is somewhat daunting.

I'll give the guy credit though, he probably didn't skimp on much. :)

He's usually very eloquent in his scripts, so I'm amazed if he managed to keep that up for 7 hours. I can't even imagine the recording sessions he had for this big boy.

I've not finished any of the Resident Evil games. The most I played was 4, I think. Maybe about 25% of it. But even so, I like listening to these sorts of videos that give context to what people are talking about.

I've not finished any of the Resident Evil games. The most I played was 4, I think. Maybe about 25% of it. But even so, I like listening to these sorts of videos that give context to what people are talking about.

They're definitely not for everyone and are somewhat of an acquired taste. If you ever decide to give the series another try, I recommend starting with the Resident Evil 1 remake. If you can get used to the funky camera angles, it's an excellent game.

They're definitely not for everyone and are somewhat of an acquired taste. If you ever decide to give the series another try, I recommend starting with the Resident Evil 1 remake. If you can get used to the funky camera angles, it's an excellent game.

Yeah, the first one looks very much like Alone in the Dark. I only played and finished the 4th one, The New Nightmare, with the help of a guide. I really liked the atmosphere. I love horror games/movies/film that's center around a manor. Something about a large, old, labyrinthian manor really appeals to me.

I vividly recall playing the first one the day it released for the Playstation one. It was a total blast, creepy in all sorts of good ways. I'm not sure I'd feel the same about it now, though.

Yeah, the first one looks very much like Alone in the Dark. I only played and finished the 4th one, The New Nightmare, with the help of a guide. I really liked the atmosphere. I love horror games/movies/film that's center around a manor. Something about a large, old, labyrinthian manor really appeals to me.

Then you would probably really like RE1. :)

Back
Top Bottom