Elden Ring - Steam Page Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Steam page for Elden Ring is now available and reveals a release date of 21st January 2022.

ER_Steam_Gif_616x260.gif

THE NEW FANTASY ACTION RPG.
Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.

* A Vast World Full of Excitement
A vast world where open fields with a variety of situations and huge dungeons with complex and three-dimensional designs are seamlessly connected. As you explore, the joy of discovering unknown and overwhelming threats await you, leading to a high sense of accomplishment.

* Create your Own Character
In addition to customizing the appearance of your character, you can freely combine the weapons, armor, and magic that you equip. You can develop your character according to your play style, such as increasing your muscle strength to become a strong warrior, or mastering magic.

* An Epic Drama Born from a Myth
A multilayered story told in fragments. An epic drama in which the various thoughts of the characters intersect in the Lands Between.

* Unique Online Play that Loosely Connects You to Others
In addition to multiplayer, where you can directly connect with other players and travel together, the game supports a unique asynchronous online element that allows you to feel the presence of others.
More information.

Nice! Thats an earlier release then I thought!

Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.

Is that synopsis meant to rhyme? :lol:

Game's easy on the eyes; I'll give it that.

Dark Souls Evolved technically but yeah. It's the same formula just more open-world.

That's sad - I don't see the appeal of DS. Played DS2, and did not like it at all…the epitome of 'grind'. Like a hamster on a wheel. If there was a 'deep story' or whatever I didn't notice that. This certainly has better visuals, fwiw.

Now, will this actually be fully released before the next Ice and Fire installment? If I remember correctly, Martin is contributing to this game in some fashion or other.

I suspect it will be out before the next book by a factor of some years.

Now, will this actually be fully released before the next Ice and Fire installment? If I remember correctly, Martin is contributing to this game in some fashion or other.

I suspect it will be out before the next book by a factor of some years.
I recall reading somewhere that Martin has not been involved in the production for years and has little idea of what they're up to. His contribution extended to some worldbuilding notes. Frankly, it looks to me like they're just using his name to market the game.

Yeah Martin wrote the story and was finished years ago. The game lore, and quest's was once again done by Miyazaki, and the usual staff of past games. So Dark Souls 2.0.

Yeah Martin wrote the story and was finished years ago. The game lore, and quest's was once again done by Miyazaki, and the usual staff of past games. So Dark Souls 2.0.

Wasn't it the other way around? Martin wrote the game lore and setting, and From wrote the story. Anyway, not that it matters much.

Maybe after Elden Ring we'll have a chance for Bloodborne on PC. :D

That's sad - I don't see the appeal of DS. Played DS2, and did not like it at all…the epitome of 'grind'. Like a hamster on a wheel. If there was a 'deep story' or whatever I didn't notice that. This certainly has better visuals, fwiw.

I'm not a big fan of DS either for the same reason. That said, I think this might be different enough to take a look at. From Software didn't always make Souls games, and I really enjoyed some of their older titles.

Wasn't it the other way around? Martin wrote the game lore and setting, and From wrote the story. Anyway, not that it matters much.
Correct there was an interview about this last year. I just switched the order.:lol:

They just used his name and did everything else. I would love to see an actually open world RPG written by Martin. That's what I originally thought Elden Ring was gonna be.

But this game will not have towns or cities to explore.:(

The best thing this game has going for it, is its name - lol :biggrin:

Would be disappointed if the game wasnt hard as nails and full of hidden context and content. But I think that chances FROM will significantly deviate from souls formula are slim. Which is good, we need another great souls game. Most souls-like copies are not worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom