Dredge - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamepressure reports on a new horror RPG in development called Dredge.

Independent New Zealand studio Black Salt Games has announced its first project. It turned out to be an unusual fishing RPG enriched with elements of Lovecraftian horror, called Dredge. The game is to be released next year on PC and Nintendo Switch.

The action of the game starts on the archipelago known as Marrow and the surrounding ocean. At the beginning we will have only a small boat. Fishing will provide us with income to upgrade the ship, e.g. by installing a more powerful engine or expanding the hold, as well as buying new rods, nets and crab pots. With time, we'll buy a better boat and get access to richer fishing grounds.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I got excited when I saw "horror RPG". Unfortunately, this doesn't look like a game I would find very compelling or remotely horror-like.

Agreed. The art style, in my opinion, is all wrong for any horror/mystery/spooky type game. Not a fan of the new wave of cartoony RPGs. They strike me as more appealing to kids than serious gamers.

An art style like this could work as a homage to Alone in the Dark, but I agree that it is not that well suited to the type of game presented here. I'd rather go for a dark, but realistic style like in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Back
Top Bottom