Non-RPG General News - Freelancer: HD Edition

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming An HD mod pack which includes numerous fixes and widescreen mode is now available for Freelancer.

Freelancer: HD Edition aims to improve every aspect of the game while keeping the look and feel as close to vanilla as possible. It also serves as an all-in-one package for players so they "don't have to worry about installing countless patches and mods to create the perfect HD and bug-free install."

Its latest version adds a new interface with new icons and maximizes its draw distance. It also includes an advanced widescreen HUD and packs some 16:9 planetscape fixes. Additionally, it adds NPC paths in Multiplayer, makes all planets spin slowly, and adds support for scrolling through menus.

More information.

I friggin' love this game!
Nothing better than skimming through nebulae looking for wrecks with prototype weapons.

I never have found this game for sale anywhere.

I never have found this game for sale anywhere.

I googled Freelancer download game and found a number of links to download the game for free. Microsoft has abandoned the game and I don't think it can be downloaded from anywhere. I think I still have my old DVD of the game in some box. I've played through it many times over the last 18 years.

Yep but again some members have a problem with that. There are a few threads about the grey area , and that some abandon-ware games are not abandoned.

Like you I still have the original cd version in my closet somewhere.:)

Yeah, Starlancer and Freelancer are sadly unavailable. I hope that changes at some point.

Freelancer is an amazing game, sadly I think MS forgot they own the rights to it. It'd be nice if they put the title on GOG at least. I retried playing it a few years ago but wasn't able to get back into it, maybe I'll give it another shot with this HD update though.
Its really too bad this is a forgotten genre, here's hoping that Everspace 2 is be able to pick up Freelancer's torch.

Back
Top Bottom