General News - Top 5 New RPGs of September

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Fextralife present their top 5 RPGs of the month.

Top 5 NEW RPGs of SEPTEMBER 2021 (MMORPG, CRPG, JRPG, ARPG)

In this series, we highlight the Top 5 RPGs for the upcoming month. In this edition, we're going to take a look at each of the titles, talk a little about each, and then explain why we think they deserve to be on the list. So join me now and find a mixture of some hidden gems and old favorites given a shiny new coat of paint.

Timestamps

• 0:00 - Top 5 RPG SEPTEMBER 2021
  • 0:43 - HM: New World
  • 1:36 - Astria Ascending
  • 2:38 - Gamedec
  • 3:27 - Tales of Arise
  • 4:35 - Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
  • 5:51 - Diablo II Resurrected

More information.

A great month, overall (yes, Encased included :) )

I'm curious about Gamedec. The demo didn't convince me, but it was too short and too limited to get a proper feeling for that type of game. And the conversations were strange, but again, it could be just good once we're immersed in the context of the game.

I'm curious about Gamedec. The demo didn't convince me, but it was too short and too limited to get a proper feeling for that type of game. And the conversations were strange, but again, it could be just good once we're immersed in the context of the game.
Well the previews from a few months back didn't paint the game favorably either. They used the dreaded word Eurojank which is rarely used in reviews in the last ten years.

Anyway Encased and Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous have my interest. The rest meh.
A great month, overall (yes, Encased included :) )
So true because Star Dynasties releases this month as well.

So if you liked CK 2 with more RPG mechanics you''ll love this game as well.

I like what they're trying to do enough to buy it and see what happens.

Gamedec seemed pretty solid to me when I played the demo. What concerns me is the lack of a combat system. I'm not much into games where everything is solved through dialogue choices. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I enjoy combat as part of the experience, and it would seem like a natural fit for a detective who's tracking down murderers.

I'm interested in games in which there's no combat per se but rather a text based interface in theory, but the game has to have very engaging writing for that to work. Tides of Numenara and Disco Elysium are two recent examples of this approach done right, imo. I don't know if the Gamedec devs have the chops to pull it off, but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom