Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The long awaited RPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will be released today:

Discover the Story

Your path will lead you to the Worldwound, where the opening of a rift to the Abyss has unleashed all-consuming terror across the land. For over a century, the neighboring nations have fought fearlessly, trying to drive the enemy back - but to little avail.

Now, you have the chance to put an end to this conflict, but the path to salvation is far from clear-cut. Will you become a shining angel, backed by noble paladins? Or a powerful necromancer with hordes of immortal undead in your thrall? Or something else entirely? Lead your army and challenge mighty demon lords. Your crusade will set in motion a chain of events that will leave you - and the world itself - forever changed.

Play Your Hero, Your Way

Create any character imaginable with the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset. Choose from 25 classes, 144 archetypes, 13 prestige classes, 12 character races, and more than a thousand spells, feats, and abilities to suit your personal playstyle.

For Every Choice, a Consequence

Your decisions have more weight than ever before. Your goal is clear, but you must forge your own path to it. Who will die, and who will live? Who will stay, and who will go? Make your choices, and watch the world around you change.

A New Way to Fight

Enjoy two combat modes as you slay your enemies - real-time with pause or turn-based. Switch between them on the fly, so you can always take things as slowly - or as quickly - as you like. The unique Pathfinder ruleset also allows you to perform advanced combat maneuvers, like mounted combat. Use them wisely!

Gather Your Party

A cast of more than 10 unique companions is ready to join your cause. Earn their trust and respect, and they will have your back no matter what dangers lie ahead. And if you get on their bad side, well... Maybe it's time to part ways.

Lead the Crusade

You will need much more than a party of adventurers to cleanse the land of its demonic scourge. Take command of the crusaders and lead them to victory - both as a strategist, controlling the battle from above, and as a field commander, in a new tactical combat mode.

Choose Your Path

Explore nine unique Mythic Paths: obtain extraordinary abilities and shape everything that comes next. Your decisions might transform you into a celestial Angel, a raging Demon, a powerful Lich, a cunning Trickster, an otherworldly Aeon, a rebellious Azata, a wise Gold Dragon, an insatiable Swarm That Walks - or remain mortal and walk the arduous path toward becoming a living Legend.
More information.

Exciting! I'll be diving right in tonight then.

Kind of unusual...it just struck me that I play almost all games either in "early access" or far after the actual release. I almost never start playing any game on the actual release date, interesting to see if it will come to bite me in the ass.

Oh well, I expect I'll be stuck messing around with character-creation so long, that any "emergency patch" will have time to arrive. ;)

A little bit of reading to prepare yourself while it's loading and getting ready :)
(the first part was a video a few days back)

Know Your Enemy, Part Two
Greetings, crusaders!

Last time, we talked about the most common types of demons you're likely to encounter in the Worldwound. Today, we'll be looking at some more of your potential enemies.

Abrikandilu
39e04b943eb78d7536d836ef86a5a48a48c8dafb.png

Abrikandilus are born from the souls of mortals who used to destroy works of art and things of beauty out of pure envy.
Abrikandilus look like malformed hunchbacks with forked rat tails. Their bite is truly horrible and can leave mutilating wounds that don't heal for a long time. In demon wars, abrikandilus typically act as foot soldiers who favor neither weapons nor armor - rather, their urge to destroy any and all displays of beauty works to demoralize the enemy.
The only thing that abrikandilus loathe more than beauty is looking at themselves in the mirror.
[...]

Will start with char creation this evening and hopefully will have char ready to get some hours of gameplay during weekend. Finally its here! :clap:

I totally missed the correct launch date, pre-loaded when that announcement came ... then tried to play last night! Oh well, looking forward to playing tonight!

Still waiting for it to open ..... fingers tapping desk ...

On their Discord:

You will be able to play Wrath of the Righteous on the 2nd of September, starting from 19:00 MSK / 18:00 CEST / 12 P.M. EDT / 9 A.M. PDT. A Day One patch will also become available at that moment.

So in a little more than one hour :)

Isn't EST in Winter? I thought you guys were on EDT now?

Better to rely on the timing they put in their Discord.

FYI, I've seen there were reports of virus detection for the GOG version, but I haven't seen any official comment on that except "it's possible that it's just a false positive", which it probably is. With a bit of luck, it will go away with the update.

Lesson time.:)

Link - https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa

Yeah to many time zones in the US.

Gets confusing when when you want to watch all these game live-streams nowadays.

So the more you know.:biggrin:
That's what I thought, and it corresponds with noon EDT :cool: I'm usually cheating with https://time.is/ when I'm confused ;)

Are there projects to drop the daylight saving time over there too?

Just as my kid comes home :D
That's frustrating. No car for him to wash, or something like that? :lol:

Some groups and politicians have tried but remember we hate the metric system as well. So basically nothing will come out it. I actually like my evenings to get dark early.

Winter season is my favorite gets dark starting at 4:00 pm.:biggrin:

Some groups and politicians have tried but remember we hate the metric system as well. So basically nothing will come out it. I actually like my evenings to get dark early.

Winter season is my favorite gets dark starting at 4:00 pm.:biggrin:
I bet.

We do have the metric system (and the Royale with Cheese ;)), but not much is coming out of it either. It's been decided that individual countries in Europe could fix the time if they wanted to, but that's about it.

I'm not sure which I'd rather have, keeping standard time and waking up at 4am in summer, or keeping summer time and being in the dark until noon in winter. When I think about it like that, at the end of the day, changing twice a year isn't that bad. :)

That's what I thought, and it corresponds with noon EDT :cool: I'm usually cheating with https://time.is/ when I'm confused ;)

That's frustrating. No car for him to wash, or something like that? :lol:

Not at 2 years old :p

Ohhhh, so much goodness. I love the character creation. So much depth. So many options. Wow wow wow. Had to go back to work so I didn't go further than the festival where you start the game but the initial dialogs are certainly intriguing.

We're going to need a "share your first character" thread. :)

Very easy to be overloaded by all the choices in character creation, so I forged ahead with something that seems cool rather than let it paralyze me. I'm a Kitsune Wind Whisperer Oracle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom