Monomyth - Save System Updated

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Rat Tower Software have updated the save system for Monomyth according to the latest Kickstarter update.

Hi, dungeon-crawling fans!

If you backed the project at the "Lysandrian Guard" level or higher, you should have received an e-mail with instructions to claim your access to the "Inner Sanctum" Discord channel. This channel will contain frequent updates on the development status of the game, news on the closed beta build, general coordination between high-tier backers, and more. In case you haven't received your e-mail, please do not hesitate to contact me (contact@rattower.com). Please also check your spam folder.

The last three days I spent implementing free saving & loading, a much-requested feature during the Kickstarter. In future versions of Monomyth, you will be able to save and load freely at any point in the game. I decided to implement this feature because Monomyth, much like its inspirations, is a game that invites players to experiment with spells, items, and NPCs. Permanent consequences may prove counterintuitive in this regard. The shrines that were originally used for saving are still intact with all of their functionality, however, they save in the autosave slot.

As a side note: Today starts the content/level creation phase, so from now on, no new features will be implemented until the end of the year, unless they are directly related to level design or improvements/fixes of existing features.

Thank you all again for your great support!

Best wishes,

Michael
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Having played the demo, I can only say that's a much desired update. Kudos to Rat Tower Software for listening their customer base :thumbsup:

Aye, it's a good move and certainly proves they are listening to their audience. And I'm very pleased to hear about the saving changes, more solid proof that they are taking the feedback very seriously.

The new save system was actually announced a few weeks ago. I didn't mind having to save at the shrines. I was more annoyed that dying only sends you back to the last shrine you were at with everything you had collected since. I think there should be more of a penalty for dying.

Back
Top Bottom