Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Last Azlanti Challenge

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Owlcat is organizing The Last Azlanti Streamer Challenge, a streaming competition that starts on September 20th. Details are given in the reddit post.

Hello, Crusaders!

It's two weeks since the beginning of your journey into the World Wound, and we hope you're having a great adventure!

Today we've got something interesting for you: meet our big event of the autumn - The Last Azlanti Challenge!

Starting from 20th of September, streamers and videogame bloggers who love Pathfinder will engage in a fierce competition of live playthroughs in Last Azlanti mode! In this mode, all decisions are final and losing the main character means losing the game!

Many big names have dared to step up to the challenge - you'll learn more about them in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to our social media as we reveal our participants and track their progress!

[...]

l4rxegrekpn71.jpg
More information.

Starts 4 days from now? This seems like a really bad idea with the game in its current state. My money is on at least one of the streamers dropping out due to bugs.

Starts 4 days from now? This seems like a really bad idea with the game in its current state. My money is on at least one of the streamers dropping out due to bugs.
Maybe that's why they do specify that respec is not authorized ;)

And this too:
- It is forbidden to exploit bugs to gain gameplay advantage. If you are unsure whether the situation can be classified as such, contact the organizers.

They're not without a sense of humour. :)

I wonder if they allow freely switching between TB and RTwP, that can be quite efficiently manipulated to get combat advantages in several ways.

Heh. The initial reddit post with all the rules has disappeared. Or I don't see it, I'm never looking at reddit so I don't know it very well.

EDIT: "Sorry, this post was removed by Reddit's spam filters. Reddit's automated bots frequently filter posts it thinks might be spam.". So reddit's stupid bot removed their post, just like that. I guess they must have made it pretty aggressive, given all the junk that is usually found over there.

Last edited:
It's back, I'm copying that below for whoever is curious about it.

Hello, Crusaders!

It's two weeks since the beginning of your journey into the World Wound, and we hope you're having a great adventure!

Today we've got something interesting for you: meet our big event of the autumn - The Last Azlanti Challenge!

Starting from 20th of September, streamers and videogame bloggers who love Pathfinder will engage in a fierce competition of live playthroughs in Last Azlanti mode! In this mode, all decisions are final and losing the main character means losing the game!

Many big names have dared to step up to the challenge - you'll learn more about them in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to our social media as we reveal our participants and track their progress!

===================Victory Conditions:
- Winner is determined by beating the game or reaching the furthest Act among participants before dying with their character.

- If multiple players reached the same act or have beaten the game, tiebreakers are resolved by the number of quests completed.

- If still tied, victory is resolved in the favour of player who spent less time on their playthrough.

Challenge will last for 6 weeks, or until all players except one have completed their playthroughs with victory or defeat, and the final remaining player, THE LAST AZLANTI, has surpassed their progress.

===================Game Rules:
- Last Azlanti mode- Normal Difficulty- Crusade must be enabled- No respec- No mercenaries- No mods- Any races, classes, builds and mythics can be used- TB/RtwP can be freely switched at any time

===================Technical Rules:
1) Every Monday the participant must upload the following stats to starrok@owlcatgames.com:

- Total time played in campaign (adding up every week)- Act reached- Number of completed quests- Party setup (companions, levels, classes picked, mythic levels). Builds don't need to be uploaded, but must be available on request.- Schedule of streams for this week, if known

2) Playthroughs must happen strictly on live streams. If you have connection issues, save the game and continue when connection is restored.

3) All participants must manually make a backup of their save after every session.

4) If a playthrough of the game was lost or is impossible to continue due to a non-gameplay reason (bug, power failure, hardware or software issues, etc.) - contact the organizers, it may be allowed to come back to a previous save or restart the game.

===================Cheating and Exploits:
- It is forbidden to exploit bugs to gain gameplay advantage. If you are unsure whether the situation can be classified as such, contact the organizers.

- No mods or software can be used to alter the playthrough.

Participants who break these rules may be disqualified on organizers' discretion.

===================Participation
If you are a streamer or videogame blogger with at least 5 000 subscribers, and you wish to also sign up for the challenge, you can still do it!

Please contact us until 19th of September at starrok@owlcatgames.com and provide the following information:

A photo or channel logo in the format used for portraits in-game. Feel free to use this software to cut it to the right size: http://www.notra.fr/portrait/pathfinder

A short text describing what your channel is about, similar to "About" section on Youtube or Twitch.

A quote of your liking that you'd like to see as your motto or catchphrase.

Good luck!

So they can switch TB/RTwP whenever they wish.

Back
Top Bottom