General News - Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders Review

Redglyph

SasqWatch
MandaloreGaming reviews the PC port of Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders.

The Crusaders is actually the second entry in the Kingdom Under Fire series, but debuted as a standalone Xbox exclusive and got a PC port in 2020. Smite heretics in the name of the p*pe.

[...]

More information.

Hmm I remember playing a RTS game with the same name twenty years ago. I think I still have the original cd's somewhere in a box. It wasn't that good of a game either.

I tried this awhile back. I thought the port was kind of sloppy (Iirc, it actually played better with a gamepad), but it seemed ok for what it is. It's a hybrid of RTS and action, where you control a few hero characters during large battles. The fight sequences reminded me of Dynasty Warriors.

I tried this awhile back. I thought the port was kind of sloppy (Iirc, it actually played better with a gamepad), but it seemed ok for what it is. It's a hybrid of RTS and action, where you control a few hero characters during large battles. The fight sequences reminded me of Dynasty Warriors.

I think MandaloreGaming says the same about the controller. It's a strange mix of a game, aren't the fights too boring when you control the main character to hack & slash?

Otherwise, I like the overall idea with the strategy/tactics mixed with 3rd-person view and direct control, but it looks long and maybe a bit dated (and it's a port of a console game). It must have been great back then on console.

I think MandaloreGaming says the same about the controller. It's a strange mix of a game, aren't the fights too boring when you control the main character to hack & slash?

Otherwise, I like the overall idea with the strategy/tactics mixed with 3rd-person view and direct control, but it looks long and maybe a bit dated (and it's a port of a console game). It must have been great back then on console.

I thought the fights were kind of fun if not hectic. Strategy goes out the window at that point though. No idea how long the game is, but I agree it's a bit dated.

There's also a sequel, Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes, on Steam as well. Then there's Kingdom Under Fire II which is apparently an MMO.

Back
Top Bottom