Steam - Steam Next Fest

Redglyph

SasqWatch
As you may be aware now, Steam has its Steam Next Fest event from Oct 1st to Oct 7th. The event promotes upcoming games, mainly indies, through demos and interaction with the developers.

Overview

Steam Next Fest returns on October 1st through 7th, 2021! Steam Next Fest is a multi-day celebration where fans can try out demos, chat with developers, watch livestreams, and learn about upcoming games on Steam. For developers, Steam Next Fest is an opportunity to get early feedback from players and build an audience for a future launch on Steam.

During this time, games will be organized on the landing page based on the categories you select when registering as well as based on the tags that are applied to your base game's store page. See Visibility of Games below for more details.

Steam Next Fest displays live broadcasts from games based on a schedule that allows you to select up to two times for your game's livestream to be promoted more prominently. See Livestreaming Events below for more details.

Event Dates:

• Starts: Friday, October 1st, 2021 @ 10AM PDT
  • Ends: Thursday, October 7th, 2021 @ 10AM PDT
Here is the main link on the Steam page.

We had already spotted a demo for Mechajammer and Urban Strife. Don't hesitate to share your experience and other demos here. Thanks @Ripper for the suggestion :)

More information.

Boomer shooter fans must try Fallen Aces and Forgive Me Father. Conscript is a neat top-down Resident Evil inspired survival horror game set during WW1 which is a blast to play. Then there's Lovecraft's Untold Stories 2 a neat roguelite RPG

There he goes again using boomer shooter which isn't a real genre.

Sounds like a modern day insult to classic FPS fans.:lol:

Anyway I'll double post this and probably get a comment from a certain poster who somehow hates when you double post videos or links again. You know who you are.

Disciples: Liberation - The free demo during Steam Next Fest is here!
The free Disciples: Liberation demo during Steam Next Fest is here, giving you the chance to explore the world of Nevendaar until Oct 7th.

Last edited:
Skullstone a new dungeon crawler also has a demo.
Skullstone is a true to its form dungeon crawler with grid-based movement, real-time tactics combat, and first-person view. Lead a party of adventurers into the under-realm, looking for glory, gold, and a solution to the ancient evil plaguing the town above. Well, adventurer? Get crawling!

There he goes again using boomer shooter which isn't a real genre.

Sounds like a modern day insult to classic FPS fans.:lol:

Anyway I'll double post this and probably get a comment from a certain poster who somehow hates when you double post videos or links again. You know who you are.

Disciples: Liberation - The free demo during Steam Next Fest is here!

It's easier than saying retro first-person shooters or old school inspired fps. Even E1M1, the world's first oldschool fps magazine is using the term. These days, most classic fps fans use it because it's convenient and has a widespread appeal with Realms Deep and all that jazz going on :3
RPGs may be my first love but shooters like these are my mistress ;) I'll conduct ritualistic sacrifice the day Blood 3 gets announced.

Update : The UI of that Disciples game appears to me as if made for consoles. It's very simple, imho.

I downloaded the demo for Disciples: Liberation a few days back and still haven't played it yet.

I did play Skullstone this morning though, and it was better than I was expecting. It's another Grimrock clone of course, but it's more of an old-school dungeon crawl that forgoes the puzzles. I really like the atmosphere in this one. It's another meaty demo too.

Possibly a dumb question but here it goes:

Can we still play the demos we've installed AFTER the Steam Next Fest event is over? Or once the event is over, they're done for good as well?

Update : The UI of that Disciples game appears to me as if made for consoles. It's very simple, imho.

The game is simple - or the UI is simple?

The game seems to have a lot of depth imo and I enjoyed the demo a lot (divorcing myself of any expectation it was going to be anything like past Disciples games - because its not). I like the combat, the hero progression in terms of skills and spells and the base building seems decent. Wrap that all up in what appears to be a fairly well-fleshed out RPG experience and I'm looking forward to the full release.

I will say that I don't think the UI is particularly attractive - though the rest of the game looks decent.

The game is simple - or the UI is simple?

The UI. I definitively only wrote about the UI.

Edit : I see why you wrote that question. I solely meant the UI.

Playing Skullstone demo from Steam Next Fest. Being a clone of Legend of Grimrock only helps that I like it :)

One thing I couldn't understand in the demo is the Armour Rating calculation. So I have this char here with Armour = 10.0, I find a Cloth Cap whose Base Defense is 0.7, I put it on the char and the Armour goes to 13.3 ????

I am not nitpicking, I just wanna understand how things work :)

Last edited:
@henriquejr; I didn't quite undertand how armor added up either.

Btw: I replied to your other question on the Steam forum.

@henriquejr; I didn't quite undertand how armor added up either.

Btw: I replied to your other question on the Steam forum.

Thank you for your reply there. :) I marked your post as the answer to my question!
(and I found what I was meant to)

Back
Top Bottom