Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Original Games Being Removed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GG Deals reports that with the release of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition the original games will be removed from sale.

With the exciting news of upcoming Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, Rockstar Games also announced that starting next week, the original Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be no longer available for purchase.

If you wish to own the original GTA Trilogy on Steam or Rockstar Games Launcher, these are currently the best game deals available across official stores and keyshops.

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

I always translate this title for me as "Groß Dieb Auto".
Which would be : "Grand/Big/Huge Thief Car". :p

To me, personally, it marks a point within an age or genre of gaming which I call "The Gangsta games era".

Personally I had some moments where I wanted to replay GTA San Andreas, which is my favourite part of the series, but was stopped because it simply doesn't run very well on newer systems without investing more work than I was ready to do. So I am quite hopefully for an update that simply lets me install and play it without a hassle.

With Saints Row moving away from 80's "Gangstas" it's nice to get some options for people who grew up with this kind of themes. Getting old sucks. ;-)

I've played these in the past, yet doubt I'd ever replay them these days. I'll be curious to see if the newer versions will have new content, yet for now I'll be keeping my expectations fully in check.

I enjoyed Vice City for the music and atmosphere, but other than that, I can't say I'm a big fan of the series.

I was really hoping Rockstar would announce a PC port of Red Dead Redemption as well. I'd be a lot more interested in that.

As someone who joyed playing the earlier games I'm mildly excited. The other area I hope they improved was the flight controls. They were horrible in the earlier games.

Back
Top Bottom