Guardians of the Galaxy - Launch Trailer

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Wccf Tech looks at the launch trailer, which is ahead of the game's release planned for October 26th.

Guardians of the Galaxy Launch Trailer Delivers Action and a Major New Character Tease

The release of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is still a couple weeks away, but we've already got a launch trailer for the Eidos-Montreal-developed adventure. Most of the trailer focuses on the game's action, all set to a Motley Crue classic, but the final moments will be the most interesting to fans, as they seem to tease Adam Warlock will be playing a role in the game. One of the Marvel Universe's major "cosmic" characters, Adam Warlock will also be appearing in the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie, as played by Will Poulter. You can check out the Guardians of the Galaxy launch trailer, below.

[...]

More information.

Still doesn't do anything for me. Gameplay appears to be solely fighting in small areas with simple geometry, and cutscenes featuring poor jokes.

This is, imo, an example of the kind of awful trailer many studios make. I've not been following this game and don't know anything about it - and after watching that trailer, I pretty much still don't. Yeah, could be a straight up action game, or maybe an ARPG, or maybe a coop shooter, or hell, maybe it's even turn-based and those few clips of attacks are the little animation sequences that run when you pull off some special power. Is it open world, hub-based, mission-based... whatever. All this says to me, in some over-the-top announcer voice, is "YOU LOVE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY THEN YOU GOTTA LOVE THIS!!!" Uh, Huh. Right. Next game.

So, when I'm watching MMA, UFC fights.. and the announcer says:
- Ladies and Gentlemen! Please welcome our fighter from Australia, Jimmy Crute!
No matter how many times the commentators says his name, I'm unable to instantly not blurt out:
- My Name is GROOT!

:D :D

Last edited:
Same developer and engine as the latest Deus Ex games so yes I went there. Those games are barely even RPGs, and we label them as such also. So there you have it.

Also stop with the name calling as you know were that will lead.:)

I'll even add this will be a day one game for me. Even Firaxis Games Midnight Suns. As there aren't to many good super hero games nowadays except Batman.

We've Played 60 Minutes of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

We recently had the chance to get a hands-on with Marvel’s Guardian’s of the Galaxy - the latest single player cosmic comic book-inspired adventure from Eidos Montreal, and we have to say, it doesn’t look easy. Check out this new PS5 gameplay as Aoife Wilson explains both what she liked and what she didn't like about the demo
Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy (4K) | New Gameplay Today

Join us on this special 4K episode of New Gameplay Today where Reiner, Shea, Marcus, and Stadnik are checking out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy and giving their hands-on impressions of developer Eidos-Montréal's promising new action title!

Last edited:
Yeah... this is not similar to any Deus Ex game by any stretch of the imagination.

That's like saying Anthem is similar to DA: Inquisition because it's the same engine and developer.

My launch trailer impression can be put in three letters:
W
T
F

Guardians of the Galaxy will need over 150+ GBs to install.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy PC Requirements

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 / Intel® Core™ i5-4460
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon™ RX 570
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 150 GB available space
RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 / Intel® Core™ i7-4790
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super / AMD Radeon™ RX 590
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 150 GB available space

Guardians of the Galaxy movies are by far my favorite Marvel superhero movies. Which is why it pains me that this looks so bad. I’m surprised they couldn’t make the character models look closer to the movie counterparts and the endless one liners during combat are cringe worthy.

Also wish I could pick which hero I want to play instead of being stuck with just starlord. I’ll check reviews but it’s not looking good imo.

Back
Top Bottom