Sands of Aura - Early Access Version released

So how would you market this game? Here is the developers description.
Sands of Aura is an open-world action adventure with a fantasy setting of a realm in its twilight--a world buried beneath a sea of sand. Sail across the sandseas to return life to a dying world in an unforgettable experience that is equal parts engaging story and unrelenting, souls-like combat.
Sounds like we have an identity crisis or the game is trying to be a jack of all genre's

In an attempt to appeal to the masses.o_O

So lets sum it up shall we…It's all of the below.

1. Action RPG
2. Open-world Action game
3. Open-world Adventure game
4. Souls-clone or Souls-like game

So take your pick or preference.:lol:

So how would you market this game? Here is the developers description.
Sounds like we have an identity crisis or the game is trying to be a jack of all genre's

In an attempt to appeal to the masses.o_O

So lets sum it up shall we…It's all of the below.

1. Action RPG
2. Open-world Action game
3. Open-world Adventure game
4. Souls-clone or Souls-like game

So take your pick or preference.:lol:

The problem with these identity crisis games, is while you might draw in someone with each additional lable, you also might exclude someone. For example, I have lost all interest because of #4. Having 1, 2, & 3 together suggests to me a watered down experience, with neither deep rpg mechanics, or interesting story choices.

What is the point in games like these with all the big, micro-second flashing numbers during combat? Does this really provide any useful information? The hyper-speed combat in general annoys the living crap out of me, too. Dozens of zombie-like monsters converge on The Hero and get mowed down like a weed whacker against wet grass. BO-ring.

What is the point in games like these with all the big, micro-second flashing numbers during combat? Does this really provide any useful information? The hyper-speed combat in general annoys the living crap out of me, too. Dozens of zombie-like monsters converge on The Hero and get mowed down like a weed whacker against wet grass. BO-ring.

I really hate that modern trend of huge numbers (or just combat damage numbers flashing on the main screen at all, I hate that just all by itself!) flashing on the screen -- ugh!

One of my pet peeves of modern gaming trends.

Back
Top Bottom