Disciples: Liberation - Review @ Screenrant

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Screenrant checked out the strategy RPG Disciples: Liberation:

Disciples: Liberation Review - A Clever Story & Gameplay To Match

Disciples: Liberation marks a triumphant return for a classic Strategy RPG series by joining a witty story with engaging, deep gameplay.

Disciples: Liberation, developed by Frima Studios and published by Kalypso, is a dark fantasy strategy RPG with an expansive story and detailed combat. Following the adventures of a mercenary turned ruler of an ancient city, Avyanna, Disciples: Liberation takes players across the world of Nevendaar with a fascinating mix of narrative roleplaying, base building, and tactical grid based combat. What might sound like an overcrowded game is actually a marvel of concise, digestible pieces of what makes each genre entertaining, with enough depth to justify the 80 hour playtime.

[...]

The bottom line is that Disciples: Liberation is a fantastic experience. From the engaging story to the deep but approachable Strategy RPG combat, this is the type of game to suck players in until the wee hours of the morning. There aren't many games like Disciples: Liberation on the market these days, especially when the old champion, Might and Magic, has become an autobattler. Disciples: Liberation a welcome breath of fresh air that delivers hope for the future of the Strategy RPG genre.

Score: 4/5
More information.

the other Disciples could not make me happy, too simplistic. Seems DL is a step forward.

I thought the demo was quite good and Steam reviews and comments would suggest its a pretty good game. While I would have preferred something that hearkens back to the first 2 Disciples games (or a less buggy version of Disciples 3), I'll happily play this as well.

It's solid, but there's nothing that really stands out about it or hasn't been done before. I honestly think a lot of people on Steam are just satisfied with something that isn't shit nowadays.

Of course I could be wrong too. Maybe the full game is that much better.

Back
Top Bottom