Elden Ring - Gameplay Preview

As someone who despises the genre and it's thousands of clones I can put a smile on my face say who cares, I'm not watching it. If this post bothers you even better.:smartass:

As someone who despises the genre and it's thousands of clones I can put a smile on my face say who cares, I'm not watching it. If this post bothers you even better.:smartass:

So much hate! You're going to age way too fast :D

Thanks for letting us know! We were dying to hear this.

looks fucking impressive but i dont like that big verticality with the horse; and seriously, faces still look like uber shit like in the ds series

looks fucking impressive but i dont like that big verticality with the horse; and seriously, faces still look like uber shit like in the ds series

It's a magic mountain goat, not a horse!

Since DS Im playing everything From Software releases. Sometimes I like it less, sometimes more, but its always good ride. Dark Souls with verticality, dynamic movement and stealth from Sekiro. Ought to be fun.

Sorry, Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Makes me wish there actually was thousands of clones though. Many developers make a game hard then call it souls like. When in reality there are very few souls clones. I know because I'm always looking for them.

As for the gameplay trailer I couldn't be happier. I was afraid it would stray too far from the souls formula but judging by the video it hasn't. My already high level of anticipation has now tripled.

Sorry, Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Makes me wish there actually was thousands of clones though. Many developers make a game hard then call it souls like. When in reality there are very few souls clones. I know because I'm always looking for them.
I was targeting a certain member as he usually has offense to everything I write. In his words I just shit-post. My true feeling is just apathy as we all have different tastes.

Anyway glad to see you back even though our opinion on the genre differs.:highfive:

Last edited:
Looks pretty amazing.
Alas, I was a bit shit at Dark Souls (and Demon Souls). I loved the atmosphere and wanted to get good at it, so I rammed my head against that wall many times before eventually realising that I just don't have what was required. I imagine this is going to be just as hard?

It does look good!
When games say "souls like" I tend to get turned off!
I don't have the time to constantly play an encounter again and again until I get it. Once or twice or even a few times on the occasional hard battle, but not on every battle.
Will see what others say when it comes out I guess, but I have plenty to keep me going currently!

Good to finally see some quality gameplay footage. The visuals certainly don't disappoint, and I really like the look of that map. The spirit summoning seems kind if neat too.

Not sure if I'll preorder, but I'll definitely be playing this at some point.

Looks pretty amazing.
Alas, I was a bit shit at Dark Souls (and Demon Souls). I loved the atmosphere and wanted to get good at it, so I rammed my head against that wall many times before eventually realising that I just don't have what was required. I imagine this is going to be just as hard?

I don't have the time to constantly play an encounter again and again until I get it. Once or twice or even a few times on the occasional hard battle, but not on every battle.

This isn't going to be on the same level as Dark Souls or Sekiro in terms of difficulty. They've made that pretty clear. Judging from the footage, it looks like regular enemies go down pretty easily. I expect bosses will still pose a similar level of challenge as their other games.

The major difference though is that you don't have to fight most bosses in Elden Ring unless you want to. They've stated that only a few bosses will be part of the main storyline. Apparently, the majority of them will be completely optional.

i think there is confusion about the tag "action rpg"

That's what I think every time I play a Zelda game. But I see little confusion in From Software Souls-like games, such as The Elden Ring.

- Combat plays in is real-time action, with no pauses or turns.
- Customised character creation, with different origins, backgrounds, and affiliations.
- Agency for players to pick their path and choose their fights, pick and mix which individuals/factions to befriend and which to destroy to fit their moralities/aims, while also being subject to assault or betrayal from those individuals or factions that feel that the character is not working towards their own goals.
- Narrative driven with choice and consequence gameplay, in which the player heavily and irreversibly affects the outcome of the story and the destiny of the world itself.

Those three things alone define quite well an Action-RPG to me, but then there are some of the deepest RPG elements you will find in any game these days, such as high build diversity, with a number of stats to favour your playstyle of choice (sword and board, great weapons, dual wielding, dex archery, strength archery, sorcerous magic, divine magic, pyro magic… just to mention a few), hundreds of different pieces of hand-crafted gear and equipment, all with a number of individual stats, and so on.

The fact that you don't have to read a book to play this game is only a good thing for me. I tire of pretentious game writers flexing their mediocre pencils at the videogame industry just because they would be roasted alive if they spurt any of their nonsense for a media with actual critics.

PS: I had the chance to watch the whole video now, and this is officially my most anticipated game of the moment, seeing that BG3 is due to (likely) 2023.

Last edited:
I can't really tell what's wrong with me or games like this, but when I'm watching gameplay I just get mentally tired.

Back
Top Bottom