Star Ocean: The Divine Force - New Clip

Redglyph

SasqWatch
ScreenRant reports a new clip showing the environment of Star Ocean: The Divine Force. The game should be released in 2022 for PC, PS4/5, Xbox One/Series X.

Star Ocean: The Divine Force Environment Video Shows Giant Sci-Fi City

A new Star Ocean: The Divine Force clip shows off a few of the upcoming game's many detailed environments, including a massive futuristic city. Square Enix and developer Tri-Ace revealed a new installment of the long-running sci-fi JRPG franchise with an action-packed Star Ocean: The Divine Force trailer during the October PlayStation Showcase livestream last week.

Not much is known yet about Star Ocean: The Divine Force's plot, but last week's trailer depicts the crew of a ship named "the Ydas" as they are stranded on the planet Aster IV and get caught up in an ongoing war between two native kingdoms. As usual with the Star Ocean franchise, The Divine Force will be centered around two primary heroes: Raymond, a starship captain who wields a giant sword into battle, and Laeticia, a "princess knight" looking to defend the medieval Kingdom of Aucerius from the invading Vey'l Empire. Square Enix has promised that Star Ocean: The Divine Force will have the "fastest and strongest action" of any Star Ocean title, and players will be able to move freely in a three-dimensional environment. This is somewhat similar to the recently released Tales of Arise, which has been reviewed favorably.

[...]
More information.

Looking forward to playing this as it will release on the PC. I've played every game in the series since the 1990's. Don't change the formula to much as articles keep asking for.

I hope it is meatier and better paced than the previous one (Integrity and Fathlessness). That was a fun game, but you spent 90% of the play time on the first planet, only getting to the "Star Ocean" right at then end, visiting one space station and then the endgame (if memory serves). Essentially it ended right at the point where it should have blossomed and opened up.

I'm fairly certain I'll be picking this one up, if nothing else to award them just for bringing it to the computer crowd. I think I only ever played one Star Ocean game and that was some time ago, likely in the mid nineties. I think maybe it was called Second Story or something along those lines.

I still remember the original game for the super famicom. Haven't played a star ocean game since, but if it'll come to PC I will probably give it a try as the original was great!

I think I only played one Star Ocean in PS2 or PS3.. many years ago, but I have a faint memory of it being quite enjoyable.

I'm quite open to try this new one out, especially if it has a good PC release.

Back
Top Bottom