Castlevania Advance Collection - Review @ RPG Fan

Redglyph

proud GASP member
RPG Fan has reviewed Castlevania Advance Collection.

Castlevania Advance Collection

Few video game genres have developed quite like Metroidvanias.

[...]

I had a fun, nostalgic, and surprisingly challenging time replaying Circle of the Moon, and it's as good as, or better, than I remember. A few bosses and areas took me multiple tries before I could get past them, the visual presentation hasn't aged perfectly, and obtaining cards to unlock more spells is still a frustrating but optional (but not for a skill collector like me) loot grind. But those are nitpicks. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is a rock-solid action RPG that's perfect for series veterans, the Castlevania-curious, or anyone who, when a problem comes along, must whip it.

[...]

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance is an entertaining, solid game improved by small quality of life enhancements for this version. I had fun diving in and exploring to my heart's content and found myself pushing to go that much farther every time I loaded a save file. As this is my first Castlevania experience, I can't say how it compares to other titles in the series, but I did find that it is a great starting point for those curious!

[...]

People dabbling in the Metroidvania genre will find in Aria of Sorrow an enticing title that--even at its most challenging--can be overcome in a manner that is wholly unique to the person playing. Discovering synergistic skill combinations or unexpected exploits results in a strong sense of satisfaction that propels players forward, an intrinsic incentivization that sees them through to the end. The call of Dracula's Castle is a strong one, and Aria of Sorrow gives players of all stripes the tools they'll not only need but want to use to answer it.

Overall Score: 87/100
More information.

Back
Top Bottom