Unsouled - Early Access Today or Tomorrow

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Megusta Games and publisher Neowiz announced the Early Access of Unsouled, a pixel-art action RPG. The date may vary depending on your timezone: 16th in the US, 17th in EU and other countries closer to the sunrise ;)

A demo is available on Steam.

Unsouled Early Access Release Announcement

Hello everyone! Unsouled Team here.

First of all, we would like to thank everyone for your help and support. With your dedicated support, now we are releasing our game as Early Access. Regarding the Early Access release date, please refer to the schedule below:

PST : 11/16 4pm
KST : 11/17 9am

Although we've met our initial development milestone for Unsouled, we are hoping to get your opinions on the game as much as possible through this opportunity. Each and every opinion is an important factor that helps decide the direction and future content of Unsouled.

We would be glad to talk with you about your thoughts, and any bug reports, feedback, and suggestions are appreciated. Our discord channel and support team mail are always open to receiving your voice.

We were able to come this far thanks to all your continued support. We will do our best to get the full version released in the near future.

Sincerely,
Unsouled Team.

More information.

Sounded good until I watched that video. So no thank you.:(

Yep, the camera shaking effects and other flashes would irritate me very quickly (and I'm not a pixel-art fan anyway). Hopefully they'll calm down with the effects, or it's removable in the options.

This isn’t for me either. I don’t understand why some games use so many effects you can barely follow what’s going on. Maybe I’m getting too old but I have no problem with souls games so who knows.

Yeah, agreed, this likely wouldn't be a good match for me. The constant visual wonkiness would have me uninstalling this rather quickly, though I suppose it might appeal to some folks.

Shaken, not stirred

According to what I read in their forums, it's possible to reduce the screen flashing and the camera shaking, down to zero (sounds like a cursor setting). It remains in some places but the dev is aware of that and will fix it.

So, I tried the demo. It's nothing like Hyper Light Drifter. This is much more of a hardcore combat/survival experience. Souls fans should like it. Not for me though.

Fwiw, the camera shake isn't that bad. I forgot to turn it off, but I really didn't notice it that much while playing.

Back
Top Bottom