Gothic Remake - General Update

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Alkimia Interactive posted an update on Gothic 1 (remake).

General Update - Minecrawler Sneak Peak & Call for Community Manager Application

Minecrawler Sneak Peak & Call for Community Manager Application

Back in March, we released a render of the actual in-game Scavenger created for the Gothic Remake to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Gothic. Since it's been a while, we thought we would post another update.
We really enjoyed the critical discussions and constructive feedback that came out of this post and so we will continue releasing key elements of the game that way.

Today we're bringing you a sneak peak of our interpretation of the Minecrawler.

We can assure you that they're even more terrifying moving around in-game. We also came up with a small additional twist to these creatures, but there'll be more on that in a later update.

Generally, we are very pleased to share that the development of the Gothic Remake is progressing on all fronts. We have assembled a team of over 35 specialized developers at our Barcelona office and are working with several contractors and outsources in addition. Gothic may be more than 20 years old, but the scope of this game cannot be underestimated.

We are also still looking for additional people to join our team. If you're interested, you can check our open positions here: www.alkimiainteractive.com

Today, we want to put a special spotlight on the open position of Community Manager at Alkimia Interactive! We are looking for a versatile person to join us at our Barcelona office and help with coordinating our communication efforts and community presence, among other things. The most important part is to be passionate about Gothic and proficient in English and German (ideally Polish or Russian as well). You can find more details here: https://alkimiainteractive.com/callforcommunitymanager.html
More information.

Yes, it's all good. I'd spotted this yesterday but kept the link for today, there was already enough in the news anyway.

I wish those were giving more regular updates, I was wondering if the project was still on.

The OG is available? That's great news. GOG got rid of the option years ago (around 2013, IIRC) This may actually be a reason to rebuy on Steam.
The patch itself, as I understand it, is basically the same as Union or Gothic_2_Steam_Fix_11.2021 which are already available.

edit: "original" may just mean pre-patch Notr. Need to check further.

Last edited:
It's on sale for $2.49 right now so couldn't resist. The beta tab says:
original-original release-happy anniversary!

so I guess it is vanilla. I will try later and let you know if it isn't.

It's on sale for $2.49 right now so couldn't resist. The beta tab says:
original-original release-happy anniversary!

so I guess it is vanilla. I will try later and let you know if it isn't.

This really made me itch for gothic... if only there was a modern game like that.
all other Piranha Bytes ips after were worse. Maybe this guys can hit that tone but i doubt it.

I'll just re-post my comment. No need to write something different.

Thanks for the update and yeah it sounds like the remake is far from being completed. I also pity the new community manager as the small Gothic fan-base is very fanatic.

Speaking as one who criticized the series before and got smacked down.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom