Expeditions: Rome - Last Stream & The Voices of Rome

Redglyph

proud GASP member
The stream mentioned in Dev Diary 11 can be found on Twitch (I will post an update if they upload it on Youtube). Another shorter video related to the same subject has been released by THQ Nordic:

Expeditions: Rome - The Voices of Rome

Learn more about the Voices of Rome as Lara Sawalha (Cleopatra) and Stephane Cornicard (Syneros) talk about their experience working on Expeditions: Rome together wit Logic Artists.
Make sure to keep an eye on social channels as they will make a "very exciting announcement" on the 7th.

More information.

Very looking forward to this! Might be a day 1 for me. Although, Expeditions: Viking had some game-breaking bugs at start.

Very excited too!

A good example on their Twitch around 17'30". I like the discussion about the statue a little later, quite funny. But above all, the way the conversation can be overheard and linked with past/future quests without actually starting a static dialogue.

The city looks very realistic, too.

Yep, looks nice. I like the diverse environments. I saw european wood, desert, roman and egypt city. Will there be even more?

Every time I see something from this, it just keeps looking better and better. I'm glad they went and did Vikings after their first game and now this because it seems each game improves.

Yeah, this both looks & sounds even better than I hoped. After my experience with the first 2 expeditions, this title is one where I would have no qualms about making an "early access purchase".

In terms of production values, it's definitely a step up from the first two games.

I don't find Rome a very interesting setting personally, but I think this will do well.

Oh man, I'm just the opposite there, as so much was happening in various times in and around Rome, in particular Italy itself is such a rich, storied country. They could do a lot here and I'm pretty eager to see what this iteration of expeditions will both look and play like, we've not long to wait.

The environs in this game is very beautiful.

I was also glad to see that devs confirmed this will be closer to Expeditions: Viking than Conquistador:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/987840/discussions/0/5015307809837519977/

I haven't played either of them. I'm tempted to try Expeditions: Viking, but I've seen very contradictory reviews on it. Maybe it's best to wait for the new game? Or at least wait for its release date, since I suspect that's what they want to announce on Tuesday (hmm, wishful thinking?).

I haven't played either of them. I'm tempted to try Expeditions: Viking, but I've seen very contradictory reviews on it. Maybe it's best to wait for the new game? Or at least wait for its release date, since I suspect that's what they want to announce on Tuesday (hmm, wishful thinking?).

Yeah, I'd say wait few more days and see if Rome will be out soon or not, especially since you missed the sale for Viking.

You honestly cannot go wrong with either of their two previous Expedition type games. I suspect both will be on sale shortly for the upcoming winter sale in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom