Siralim Ultimate - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The monster catching RPG Siralim Ultimate has been released:

Siralim Ultimate is a monster-catching, dungeon-crawling RPG with a ridiculous amount of depth. Summon over 1200 different creatures and travel through randomly generated dungeons to acquire resources, new creatures, and loot.

If you're looking to compare Siralim Ultimate to other games, you might think of it as Pokemon meets Diablo, or more accurately, Dragon Warrior Monsters meets Path of Exile.

Siralim Ultimate is a really, really, really big game. For that reason, this store description is extremely detailed to help you get a grip on exactly what you can expect from the game. If you're not up to read it all, though, here's a quick rundown of some of the main features:

• 1200+ creatures to collect
  • Fuse your creatures together - the offspring inherits its parents' stats, traits, and even the way they look!
  • Randomly generated dungeons spanning 30 unique tilesets
  • Customize your castle with thousands of different decorations
  • Engage in strategic 6v6 battles
  • Craft Artifacts and Spell Gems for your creatures
  • Choose from one of 30 specializations for your character and earn perks that change the way your creatures fight in battle
  • Insane amount of post-story content that will keep you engaged for thousands of hours (yes, really!)
More information.

It sounds interesting, but as I understand it, there's no mouse support, which seems odd.

Someone on the Steam forum said a PS/Xbox pad works well, but the store page says "partial controller support".

Might give it a shot anyway. I've got a ton of controllers lying around and one of them is bound to work well.

Siralim: developer getting away with making the same games over and over again. 5 Siralim games already on Steam..

Why would you not make mouse support.....
Ugh

Yeah that's pretty irksome in this day and age, not to include mouse support for a computer game. I like the genre yet the device exclusion might be enough to keep me from supporting such a product.

Mouse wouldn't gain you much since the controls are simple enough for all binds to comfortably fit around WASD/QE.

I'm not a fan of controllers but I own a few and for this game why not - it uses minimal buttons and is the smoothest way to play.

What I can't do is any kind of action game with fine camera control with a controller - boggles my mind how anybody can think controller is good for 3rd person games either. Or any game with aiming (that doesn't do the aiming for you).

Siralim: developer getting away with making the same games over and over again. 5 Siralim games already on Steam..

And you run it on Windows 10. Capitalism happens, amazingly enough.

Any game released on PC should support K+M for obvious reasons. That said, this looks like it would be a lot more comfortable with a gamepad.

I actually have a controller and use it for some games, yet often it seems to respond weirdly, like the targeting box will fly around the active field sometimes for no apparent reason. When antics like these pop up, I quickly go back to ser mouse.

lol, this is a freaking really fun game. I picked it up on a whim and I'm glad I did. Mouse & keyboard or controller makes no difference to me, I use both depending on what game I'm playing and which format I prefer.

I've nowhere near scratched the surface of this game yet, but right now I'm wandering around in the "Frost Realm" with a ragtag group of six monsters that I control in battle; as a "monster collecting" game you can pretty much tame and use any monster you find. Don't like a monster's "cheesy" tactics against your group? Then tame one and use it yourself. Or tame six of the same ones and give them all different personalities like "Lazy" or "Inept." And then arm them with artifacts that all give different bonuses and can continually be upgraded as well. And then let's talk about the customizable spell gem system... ugh. It's a LOT!

(And again as for the no mouse support... interestingly I haven't even noticed it. There's just... no real need for a mouse anywhere.)

So anyway, you get your group of six monsters or whatever. You then pick a class for your "monster leader (?)" - like Necromancer or Warden and then THAT class influences all of the creatures you have under you. For example, I picked "Warden" as my first class choice and it gave me the ability to be a buffmaster of sorts and make sure that my critters always start battles heavily buffed.

The music and general overall feel is really on point. First Siralim game I played and it's great imo. Sense of humor is kinda irreverent and it doesn't take itself seriously which I like.

Spiderweb?

Having tons of fun with this game. It's like somebody took every possible option for character builds and crammed it all together in a turn based RPG. The party types you can create are just bizarre.

I'm looking at you, Warden of Frost Creatures and Necromancer of Dead Plants.

The story is out there and I haven't found it too necessary to pay much attention to it. I'm after an orb, or something - and I'm trying to politely convince various "Gods" to assist me in that endeavor.

That's about it. If anything the story is in the craziness you can make.

Back
Top Bottom