Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Update 1.1.4d

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous received a new update.

Update 1.1.4d

Crusaders!

A new patch 1.1.4d is here! We fixed an issue with Arueshalae's romance ending, and hopefully a lot of Commanders will be much happier now; we've made some fixes to the way touch attack works in the turn-based mode, and also made it so that the negative effects will be displayed first on your characters' portraits.

[...]
More information.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!

Quests
  • A dialogue with the vescavor queen in chapter 5 could be initiated multiple times - fixed;
  • Azata's mentor won't be present after switching to the path of Legend anymore;
  • In Camellia's final quest, if either she of the player had an animal companion, the animal didn't appear in the garden - fixed;
  • In the fifth chapter, if the entire group was invisible, Hal refused to start a conversation - fixed;
  • Seeking Forgiveness quest didn't fail upon finishing the 3rd chapter - fixed;
  • Some players, who didn't complete the Dusk of Dragons quest, were unable to open the door in Dragon Burial Ground - fixed, but if you've encountered this issue already, you will need to load an earlier save, where you haven't approached the door yet;
  • Storyteller could say that Hulrun died in Iz even if he died long before that;
  • Suture could remain at the Fleshmarkets even after getting shipped to Colyphyr mines - fixed;
  • One of the romance outcomes with Arueshalae was unavailable - fixed (you may need to invite her to your bedroom once more).

Areas
  • Fixed a bug in Dragon Burial Ground, which didn't allow to roll a skill check to squeeze through the crack in the rock;
  • Fixed the bug with the name of the area and the terrain type not being displayed on the mini map for the Blooming Meadow location;
  • Fixed the disappearance of the map exit in the Lost Chapel area upon loading a save during Sosiel's quest;
  • In Areelu's Laboratory companions, separated from the main group, would not react to the characters under the invisibility spell - fixed.

Crusade
  • Bear's Endurance, Song of the Second Breath, Ash Leprosy, Tumor now work according to their new description;
  • Bestow Wrath damage has been greatly increased;
  • Church Guards now have Aura of Onslaught with four uses;
  • Cultists now take half damage from Channel Negative Energy — Damage Living cast by them;
  • Cultists' spell power has been moderately decreased;
  • Fixed the Tactical Superiority feat;
  • Flaming Rain didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Mariliths now have Unholy Aura;
  • Mighty Tempest damage has been greatly increased;
  • New feature has been added to Necromancers that allows them to cast Channel Negative - Damage Living without damaging themselves;
  • Overwhelming Shout now has two uses limit;
  • Retaliation of the Chain damage has been significantly increased and now depends on general's Power;
  • Retaliation of the Chain now shows correctly as a global buff and a feature;
  • Royal Council's Help gave 100 Conscripts instead of 1000 - fixed (peasants are not happy though);
  • Sometimes Necromancers healed themselves with Channel Negative Energy — Heal Undead - fixed;
  • Song of Seasons didn't resurrect units after healing - fixed;
  • Storm of Justice damage has been greatly increased;
  • Summoned large units could overlap with other units - fixed;
  • Test of Strength didn't work correctly - fixed.
  • The animation of Painajai's Chain Spear didn't play - fixed;
  • The Harpoon ability now correctly pulls units with large creatures;
  • The logics of Formation abilities has been changed - now it is a permanent buff which can be changed during combat like a Fighter's stance;
  • To Each Their Place didn't calculate crit chance correctly - fixed;
  • Units' feature display has been improved;
  • Visual effect of Flaming Rain is shown correctly now;
  • Visual effect of Inspired Advance is shown correctly now;
  • Visual effects of Place of Power, Acid Trap, Spring Trap and Weakening Trap have been changed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Under Deny Death buff character remains permanently paralyzed after combat ends - fixed;
  • A saving throw To get out of Icy Prison was rolled against Caster Level, while it should have been 15+Caster Level - fixed;
  • Characters could be affected by Acid Fog while under the effects of Life Bubble - fixed;
  • Devastator now won't rise from the dead after it's killed;
  • Fixed Improved Critical (Mythic) for rays;
  • Heightened metamagic didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Keen kitsune's Intelligence bonus will now correctly affect the Skill Points;
  • Life-Bonding Friendship used Charisma instead of Charisma modifier - fixed;
  • Mystic Theurge couldn't choose spellbook of Skald - fixed;
  • Mystic Theurge couldn't merge spellbook with Warpriest - fixed;
  • Pranked Oracle could miss Glitterdust and Mirror Image spells - fixed (ready to party now!);
  • Sometimes if the player refused to sign a contract to become a devil, Devil's mythic level-up option was available anyway - fixed;
  • Zippy Magic was using extra slots from the rods - fixed.

Turn-based mode
  • If the player lost control of their mount while it was carrying its rider to execute a command (e.g. from Confusion), turn-based mode could get stuck - fixed;
  • Sometimes turn-based mode UI would not reappear after a cutscene interruption - fixed;
  • The battle could get stuck, when a character was killed by a status effect, and passed the turn to its caster (mostly happened with poisons) - fixed;
  • The mount could attack automatically, when you only hover the mouse over the potential target - fixed;
  • Touch spell could get stuck if you moved cursor quickly over another character's portrait after casting it - fixed.

Items
  • Clemency of Shadows didn't always summon spiders - fixed;
  • Elemental Imbuement didn't work as intended - fixed;
  • Items that give a DC bonus now also work with hexes (such as Glass Amulet of Clarity and Slumber);
  • Skinned Leather Cloak no longer affects dead enemies.

UI
  • For Swarm-that-Walks, the swarm counter was conflicting with the kinetic burn counter - fixed;
  • Kestoglyr was missing a description after joining the player and before being taken into the active party - fixed;
  • Now the negative status effects will be displayed on the portraits first;
  • The loot window, which appears before exiting a location, only applied filters to the first group of loot - fixed.

Mis�
  • A mount and a rider's charge attack commands didn't "know" about each other, and interacted weirdly - fixed;
  • Fixed the position of the Clawfall in combat;
  • Fixed visual issues during the cut-scene with Baphomet and the Hand of the Inheritor;
  • Some parts of a character could turn white when switching headgear or equipped items several times rapidly - fixed;
  • Mod window didn't open in the Main Menu - fixed;
  • Sosiel will draw in inappropriate places less often now.

EDIT: It's not too big, about 1.1 GB to download this time (even though Steam says less than 700 MB before starting the d/l)

Last edited:
About time it's been a whole week without a patch. My anxiety has been averted.:biggrin:

Also this is a jest. If I offended a fan that's on you.:p

I'm not counting them anymore - I mean, the updates :p
There must have been hundreds of fixed bugs since the release.

I think I'll restart playing more seriously now that it seems in much better shape.

Still playing it, still first playthriough, attacking 200 hrs. Im currently stuck on hard opponent with rather innocent name
Playful Darkness
I still encounter bugs and glitches here and there, but nothing serious noted.

Still playing it, still first playthriough, attacking 200 hrs. Im currently stuck on hard opponent with rather innocent name
Playful Darkness

Wow 200 hours and you are still at chapter 3?

I just finished my 2nd run, clocking approx. 220 hours.

Are you playing on core? Which mythic?

I think that's because he's playing mostly TB (IIRC). I wouldn't be surprised if it made such a big difference from my experience with Kingmaker and the early beta of WotR.

Yep playing TB in RPGs like Pathfinder will definitely pad the game length. My RTwP game usually takes 50-65 hrs to finish. One of the main reasons why I rarely use TB mode.

Playful Darkness
I finished yesterday (with ~300 hours) and quite well remember this very encounter. For me tis one was the toughest encounter in the whole game (except 1-2 at the very end).
Playing on core the only way I could win was to spam summons to distract her and then hoping for crits. Ultimately I bet her by polymorphing her into a dog when she rolled a 1 on her fortitude save.

Playful Darkness

The way I played that encounter (on Normal) was to have lots of summons to tank. You also need touch attacks to really hurt it.

Playing on core, with deaths door enabled. And for my first playthrough I went for most unimaginative class and mythic path : Divine Scion / Angel.

And Redglyph is right, gametime is definitely stretched by TB. But Im just enjoying it so much more that way, cant help it. I think that story pacing is well done and I dont have burn-out problems.

I finished yesterday (with ~300 hours) and quite well remember this very encounter. For me tis one was the toughest encounter in the whole game (except 1-2 at the very end).
Playing on core the only way I could win was to spam summons to distract her and then hoping for crits. Ultimately I bet her by polymorphing her into a dog when she rolled a 1 on her fortitude save.

During last try I noticed its susceptible to my dispelling. So during my next attempt, today evening, Im planning to dispell spam it to oblivion. Hopefully it wont just simply re-cast anything I dispell from it. And of course, summon fodder will be there as well.

I can understand the enthusiasm for TB mode, I'm really enjoying it too. I was using it now and then in Wrath of the Righteous, mostly for difficult combats, but there were too many bugs back then, so I started avoiding it.

Maybe there should be a preparation phase for the buffing, even if that's in conflict with the element of surprise. That's an awkward part of TB, and probably why I tend not to take care of buffing since I played Kingmaker.

During last try I noticed its susceptible to my dispelling. So during my next attempt, today evening, Im planning to dispell spam it to oblivion. Hopefully it wont just simply re-cast anything I dispell from it. And of course, summon fodder will be there as well.
When it recasts you at least have one round where it can't hurt you. ;)

Playing on core, with deaths door enabled. And for my first playthrough I went for most unimaginative class and mythic path : Divine Scion / Angel.

And Redglyph is right, gametime is definitely stretched by TB. But Im just enjoying it so much more that way, cant help it. I think that story pacing is well done and I dont have burn-out problems.

I finished Kingmaker & Varnhold DLC a short while back, 315hrs, no great faffing at character creation, not too many reloaded battles, RTwP all the way, custom normal rules (I notice normal without amending stuff is actually slightly easy on some settings, so had to amend things like criticals and enemy strength upwards to normal).

I can't imagine what people are skipping to get through it much quicker!

Am I the only one burned out by all the patches?

I just finished my third complete play through last night, got 500 hours clocked on the game now. There are some tough fights even on normal let alone core.

I should play this game only on weekends.
Only then it is guaranteed that I'll have enough time for a few encounters.

Hotfix 1.1.4f

There's already been a quick hotfix for the fix.

Don't fret, it's just 176 bytes. :lol:

Crusaders!

We’ve released a hot-fix for the issue with the XP bar and level up in your character interface. Now you will be able to see your progress to the next level, and level-up again when you reach the right number of the XP. This issue will not ruin your save, you can continue playing. We also fixed the issue with Hilor’s quest in chapter 5, Chasing the Spinner of Nightmares - now it will start (unless you have auto-crusade mode on - in this case it still won’t work for now, but we will fix it in one of the future patches).

Back
Top Bottom