Expeditions: Rome - Releases on January 20th

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Logic Artists have announced that Expeditions: Rome would be available on January 20th (Games Press).

Expeditions: Rome Wasn't Built In A Day, But It's Ready In January 2022

Vindobona, Noricum / Hafnia, Daniae, Decembris VII., MMXXI: The fate of an empire lies in your hands! On January 20th, 2022 you can become the Legatus of a Roman legion and lead your troops through Greece, Egypt, and Gaul. You'll gain power and influence and your word will carry weight in the political affairs of Rome. Your decisions will change the life of your fellow companions, your soldiers, and even the destiny of whole nations.

This Classic RPG from the creators of the critically acclaimed Expeditions: Vikings will take you on a 50+ hour campaign across Europe and northern Africa. You'll have to fight intense turn-based battles, level up your alter ego as well as your companions, manage your legion, explore, loot, and craft - in short, everything, you'd expect from a Classic RPG.

Expeditions: Rome is set in an alternative historical setting. Ever heard of Gaius Julius Caesar? He wasn't that important. But you'll meet Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt - if you choose to put her on the throne, that is. And even the famous Roman politician Cicero can become your ally, as well as the ferocious Gallic chieftain Vercingetorix.

Expeditions Rome will launch on January 20th, 2022 on PC at an SRP of $ 44.99 | EUR 44.99 | 36.99.

More information.

Huh... that's sooner than I expected. Hopefully they took the time they needed and it's well polished. Given their last two games, it's hard to imagine this not be a decent game at the very least - and more likely a good game - especially if you like the setting (which I do).

I like the setting too, makes me want to watch HBO's Rome series again! Time to brush up on some Latin. ;)

The game does look very good, the developers seem to be passionate about what they do, and to take care about historical accuracy. I hope they'll have had enough time to test and fix, from what I understand Expeditions: Viking had its share of bugs at the beginning. If not, no big deal though.

EDIT: yeah, it's currently -20% on GOG and Steam, but I'm not pre-purchasing.

I hope they'll have had enough time to test and fix, from what I understand Expeditions: Viking had its share of bugs at the beginning. If not, no big deal though.

I played Vikings at launch and don't recall much (if any) bugs and I did a pretty thorough playthru, so fingers crossed on this one.

I had a game breaking bug at launch which stopped my pretty advanced campaign. I never managed to get back into it despite several efforts.

I'll probably get this when it's been polished a bit as I did enjoy the game.

Purchased. I have every reason to believe that this game will be as good or better than the previous titles. If not bug-free at launch, it will be in time.

I will wait for Watch and general impression before I purchase it :)

Nice! Will definitly buy this one a few days after launch (if nothing seriously flawed is reported).

Way sooner than I had expected to see this one released. I'm in no rush to grab it immediately, as I'm determined to replay at least the second game before delving into the Roman version.

Well that answers the question of will it release in 2021? The answer was no. Seems you were correct Redglyph on past threads. I'll probably play it on day one as I loved Vikings.

This will be the first Expeditions game I haven't tested! From the looks of things it'll be the best yet, looking forward to giving it a go.

Daniel.

… Did you take Aivu? So that's why I couldn't find her in Drezen anymore! ;)

She needed a santa hat to give out cookies to everyone ;)

Back
Top Bottom