Forspoken - Release Date & Trailer

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Wccf Tech reports that Square Enix have announced a release on May 24th, 2022, and revealed a new trailer.

Forspoken to Release in May 2022 on PC and PlayStation 5; New Trailer Released

Forspoken, the first game from Luminous Productions, will release in May 2022, publisher Square Enix confirmed.

During The Game Awards 2021, the Japanese publisher confirmed that the game will release on PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and Microsoft Store, and on PlayStation 5 on May 24th, 2022.

A new trailer providing a new look at the Forspoken gameplay has also been released, and you can check it out below. [...]

More information.

deluxe version costs almost as a used car here trololol
and then they wonder why there is piracy

80 EUR if you preorder, 105 for the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Square Enix can fuck right off with that.

It's a little cheaper over here some reason, but they still want $70 which is the highest I've ever seen for a standard version of a game on Steam.

Yeah a little to pricey for a new game. Looks like piracy numbers will be high. Though knowing it's Square Enix they will pay and use Denuvo once again to stop it.:biggrin:

I don't know when they're going to learn that the way to combat piracy is to make things affordable and convenient, and vice versa. Not really the climate to be making those kinds of price hikes.

Not gonna support such pricing policy and if its actually good, will wait for inevitable price drop or pre-owned on PS5.

A general observation: Something I've noticed for many years in science fiction movies and movies featuring indigenous peoples is the lack of use of contractions. You know, using it is instead of it's, can not instead of can't, will not instead of won't.
Alien visitors/conquerors and indigenous characters invariably speak better and more correct and rhetorically precise English than people whose first language is English.
You'd think that if these characters could travel intergalactically or an indigenous character could learn another language and correct grammar, they'd be able to grasp the concept of combining two words into one using an apostrophe.
I know, it's just a trope in fiction

80 EUR if you preorder, 105 for the Digital Deluxe Edition. All that coming with Denuvo.

It doesnt look like something that deserve very high price IMHO. The most attractive element in the game seems to be the female protagonist.
- Big open world that is probably empty.
- Story sounds pretty much paper thin, coming of age story to get some magical abilities and save the (strange) world.
- Based too much on that quick movement system - I doubt it will work really well for combat system. Maybe for some action players that favor speed over everything.
- It seems like all important NPCs are females. Or is it "female only" world? It probably could be attractive element for some players. :)

Price on games has become pretty much a non-factor for me in the sense that I have such a big backlog of games to play, that if a game comes out that I want to play and its too expensive (or buggy, or whatever), I'll just wait a year or two before buying it, because there's almost always something else good to play.

That doesn't change the fact that this game seems ridiculously priced though.

Price on games has become pretty much a non-factor for me in the sense that I have such a big backlog of games to play, that if a game comes out that I want to play and its too expensive (or buggy, or whatever), I'll just wait a year or two before buying it, because there's almost always something else good to play.

That doesn't change the fact that this game seems ridiculously priced though.

True, people need to stop supporting this pre-order shenanigan anyways.

Back
Top Bottom