Expeditions: Rome - New Combat Trailer

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Logic Artists and THQ Nordic posted an update with a new combat trailer for Expeditions: Rome.

Learn How to Fight for the Republic in New Combat Trailer!

Expeditions: Rome - Learn How to Fight for the Republic in New Combat Trailer

Vindobona, Noricum / Hafnia, Daniae, Decembris XX, MMXXI: "Si vis pacem, para bellum!" If you want peace, prepare for war! The Roman Empire was built on military power. Their disciplined, well-organized, and well-equipped legions conquered almost all of Europe, North Africa, and parts of western Asia. In the upcoming cRPG Expeditions: Rome you are taking command of Legio Victrix, in order to fight against the enemies of the Republic of Rome. In the latest trailer, Centurio Caeso Aquilinius gives the new recruits a proper drill and explains, how exactly the turn-based combat In Expeditions: Rome works. So prepare to learn about the use of the Gladius, a Scutum, and the famous Roman Pilum.

[...]

More information.

Bwah, I don't like this blending of in-game and real world.
Why is a Centurio telling me something about "turns", "character class", and "customization"?

That doesn't mean anything for the game of course, but rather their PR campaign.

I found that a little weird too, but I think it's been done with a sense of humour.

I was more surprised by the concept of tutorial trailer, they certainly take care not to strain our attention for too long. ;) I'm just kidding though, I think it's just the right content for a trailer.

They've been very informative with their past dev blogs and the stream that accompanied each of them. There are still some points which haven't been much detailed, but I'm fine with discovering that progressively during the gameplay.

I wonder whether the shield-wall will be as effective (superior?) as in Expeditions Viking? I guess the Romans utilised the concept even more than the Vikings.

I would start with at least three characters carrying a shield. Perhaps even four depending on the party size.

Off topic but I wonder who the voice actor for Caeso is - reminds me of Cullen (Greg Ellis) from DA:I for some reason.

Off topic but I wonder who the voice actor for Caeso is - reminds me of Cullen (Greg Ellis) from DA:I for some reason.

I'm wondering too, another one sounded like Steven Mackintosh. Nobody put the cast on Imdb (they did for Vikings but there's little info).

There was a dev blog and a stream on voice acting, but I haven't watched it except a tiny part. Maybe there are a few other names in it. From the description:

"Learn more about the Voices of Rome as Lara Sawalha (Cleopatra) and Stephane Cornicard (Syneros) talk about their experience working on Expeditions: Rome together wit Logic Artists."

GUI is good. Colors are vibrant. Art Direction is professional. There is killing and groaning of hit enemy. I'll write to the devs they must include larger fonts, because most of their dialogue/tooltip window space is standing there FCKN unused!

Back
Top Bottom