Gaming Industry - Top 10 Fails of 2021

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Just when you thought it'd be the end of top lists, COG came up with the top game company fails of 2021.

10 OF THE BIGGEST VIDEO GAME COMPANY FAILS OF 2021

Sometimes, Companies Mess Up. Sometimes Video Game Companies REALLY Mess Up

We all love video games here. No matter if we're playing them on phones, multiple monitors, or on a giant television. With friends in person, online, or by ourselves, we love playing games. That's something that we can all agree on. However, there is something unfortunate, and that is how bad the video gaming industry can be.

There has been a shift, in the past few years at least, towards the support of employees and the gaming community, but some of the major players have not been looking out for their own. Some companies apologize and actively work to get better. Sometimes there are some trip-ups when it comes to supply and demand.

Then again, there are some companies that just keep getting worse and worse, despite all the opportunities to be better.

[...]
More information.

In that picture, Kotick looks to me a bit like Baron Harkonnen.

What no Cyberpunk 2077? I'm shocked I yell ya!! I still don't own a new console either. As I refuse to pay $1,000 for any system. Damn scalpers and short supply of everything.

Not a fan of the rise of NFTs in games either. Greed seems to ruin everything fun.

I really don't underastand that NFT hype, eoither. Looks too much driven ( driven ! ) by profiters of bitcoins of any sorts to me.

While it is on virtually nobody's radar, the circumstances with Realms Beyond was the biggest bummer for me. What a shambles. I've basically written them off at this point.

Aye, it irks me every time that I see Realms Beyond sitting in my que, knowing that I'll not likely ever play the thing. I think firing it up would only make the pain more intense.

Oh yes, those NFT shenanigans are beyond ridiculous. Any game that offers them or any computer components that support/enforce them on my system will never be part of my computer or library. Stand firm, folks, do not tolerate such nonsense. When you speak with your wallet, over time, that voice is always heard.

Cosmetics have been a strange thing in gaming for a long time. I can't imagine for one nanosecond ever wanting to pay actual money to make something in a game I'm playing look "better," but it's something people pay big money (adding up the big volume) for.

NFTs seems like another cosmetic thing, "collectible" because it looks good, but I don't fault anyone for liking what they like.

Yeah, I remember back when I played EQ one and two that they sold cosmetic apparel gear, which I never purchased and didn't care about, then they escalated to actual items that competed with raid gear, or in some cases surpassed it. That's when I clocked out of the live servers forever, that's a maneuver too sour for my liking.

Cosmetics have been a strange thing in gaming for a long time. I can't imagine for one nanosecond ever wanting to pay actual money to make something in a game I'm playing look "better," but it's something people pay big money (adding up the big volume) for.

Well, on the other hand, some games look so ugly that I'll probably never play them, like Skyrim, for example.

Pretty impressive that Ubisoft managed to have two of the top 5.

That puts them in a tie with Activision-Blizzard. Though you could argue Activision -Blizzard is ahead, they own the #1 and #5 spots, while Ubi owns #3 & #4. And judging only from the article text, I'd say that Activision-Blizzard sounds like the worse company to me.

That puts them in a tie with Activision-Blizzard. Though you could argue Activision -Blizzard is ahead, they own the #1 and #5 spots, while Ubi owns #3 & #4. And judging only from the article text, I'd say that Activision-Blizzard sounds like the worse company to me.

I won't argue that. To me, Activision-Blizzard is worse because I can't even remember the last time they developed a game I actually liked. I'm not a fan of Ubisoft's games in general, but at least they've had some that I enjoyed.

Looking over that list, none of the games or incidents pertained to me at all, honestly if I didn't peruse this site I wouldn't have even heard of at least half of them. So thanks for the warnings and what-not! -)

Back
Top Bottom