Monster Hunter Rise - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Monster Hunter Rise will be released today:

Monster Hunter Rise

Rise to the challenge and join the hunt! In Monster Hunter Rise, the latest installment in the award-winning and top-selling Monster Hunter series, you'll become a hunter, explore brand new maps and use a variety of weapons to take down fearsome monsters as part of an all-new storyline. The PC release also comes packed with a number of additional visual and performance enhancing optimizations.

Ferocious monsters with unique ecologies
Hunt down a plethora of monsters with distinct behaviors and deadly ferocity. From classic returning monsters to all-new creatures inspired by Japanese folklore, including the flagship wyvern Magnamalo, you'll need to think on your feet and master their unique tendencies if you hope to reap any of the rewards!

Choose your weapon and show your skills
Wield 14 different weapon types that offer unique gameplay styles, both up-close and from long range. Charge up and hit hard with the devastating Great Sword; dispatch monsters in style using the elegant Long Sword; become a deadly maelstrom of blades with the speedy Dual Blades; charge forth with the punishing Lance; or take aim from a distance with the Bow and Bowguns. These are just a few of the weapon types available in the game, meaning you're sure to find the play style that suits you best.

Hunt, gather and craft your way to the top of the food chain
Each monster you hunt will provide materials that allow you to craft new weapons and armor and upgrade your existing gear. Go back out on the field and hunt even fiercer monsters and earn even better rewards! You can change your weapon at any of the Equipment Boxes any time, so the possibilities are limitless!

Hunt solo or team up to take monsters down
The Hunter Hub offers multiplayer quests where up to four players can team up to take on targets together. Difficulty scaling ensures that whether you go solo or hit the hunt as a full four-person squad, it's always a fair fight.

Stunning visuals, unlocked framerate and other PC optimizations
Enjoy beautiful graphics at up 4K resolution, HDR with support for features including ultrawide monitors and an unlocked frame rate make to make this a truly immersive monster-hunting experience. Hunters will also get immediate access to a number of free title updates that include new monsters, quests, gear and more.

Enjoy an exciting new storyline set in Kamura Village
This serene locale is inhabited by a colorful cast of villagers who have long lived in fear of the Rampage - a catastrophic event where countless monsters attack the village all at once. 50 years after the last Rampage, you must work together with the villagers to face this trial.

Experience new hunting actions with the Wirebug
Wirebugs are an integral part of your hunter's toolkit. The special silk they shoot out can be used to zip up walls and across maps, and can even be used to pull off special attacks unique to each of the 14 weapon types in the game.

Buddies are here to help
The Palico Felyne friends you already know and love from previous Monster Hunter adventures are joined by the brand new Palamute Canyne companions!

Wreak havoc by controlling monsters
Control raging monsters using Wyvern Riding and dish out massive damage to your targets!

Fend off hordes of monsters in The Rampage
Protect Kamura Village from hordes of monsters in an all-new quest type! Prepare for monster hunting on a scale like never before!

More information.

Oh I thought the release day is tomorrow for some reason.

Scanned through Steam review and it seems like there's save file issue. Well, will jump it tonight after work and see how I feel

Ok, I created my character and did the tutorial.

I need someone to provide me with a decent slider for female characters. My hunter looked "ok" in character creation screen and now she look like a troll....

The controls are even more unintuitive than I remember... I'm seriously considering refunding at this point...

I spent more than 2 hours just creating character >.> Well, there goes that refund.

'Tis the life of fashion hunter... Whatcha guys think?

Attachments

• Rise hunter1.jpg
    Rise hunter1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 64
  • Rise hunter2.jpg
    Rise hunter2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 63
The cat (or whatever it is) looks like it wants to pee on the incense burner. ;)

Your toon looks good and ready to hunt.

Wow, the portraits are nicely presented! Especially the one on the right. It's very ... vintage? Nice set of colours. Seems like they're ready indeed.

What does the cat have on its back, a katana? o_o She's cute but maybe the hat on the ears is a little too much.

PS: Be careful with that fire, there's straw and ... stuff around. I know you like to play with fire ;)

Wow, the portraits are nicely presented! Especially the one on the right. It's very … vintage? Nice set of colours. Seems like they're ready indeed.

What does the cat have on its back, a katana? o_o She's cute but maybe the hat on the ears is a little too much.

PS: Be careful with that fire, there's straw and … stuff around. I know you like to play with fire ;)

The screenie on the right is actually a loading screen.

Yes, the cat is using a Katana - I want to change his outfit but I don't have enough materials to craft him anything new atm >.>

I've been on fire plenty of times already D: but that's because monster set me on fire.

Finally got a new outfit for my hunter. Also, comparison screenie of Rise vs. World (I much prefer my World hunter) >.>

Attachments

• Shmiri pretty.jpg
    Shmiri pretty.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Rise vs World.jpg
    Rise vs World.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 60
The cat (or whatever it is) looks like it wants to pee on the incense burner. ;)

Your toon looks good and ready to hunt.

... I didn't notice it until you said it... what's been seen cannot be unseen... damnit, I need to get my palico a pants...

Finally got a new outfit for my hunter. Also, comparison screenie of Rise vs. World (I much prefer my World hunter) >.>

The one on the right (MHW) looks much better to me too. Even the model looks better (the face for ex), but perhaps it's just an impression and close up or in 3D it's the same.

Got new outfits for my palico and palamute - this thread is turning into my screenie collection dump lol

Attachments

• Rise hunter1.jpg
    Rise hunter1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 48
Pictures are great. Im personally more feat-oriented, when it comes to outfit and equipment, but there are exceptions. First, if I strongly dislike design of some outfit, I will change it whatever stats it has. And I also spend lots of time with initial character creation. In MH Rise I spent nice chunk of time to design palicos and palamutes per my real life cat and dog pals :)

Pictures are great. Im personally more feat-oriented, when it comes to outfit and equipment, but there are exceptions. First, if I strongly dislike design of some outfit, I will change it whatever stats it has. And I also spend lots of time with initial character creation. In MH Rise I spent nice chunk of time to design palicos and palamutes per my real life cat and dog pals :)

Sounds like you need to share your screenies of palico and palamute ;)

They look so exhausted on this screenshot ;)

Perhaps they are reflecting how I feel about Rise ;) I'm playing on since hubby wants to give it a fair go but all its doing is making me want to go back to World.

Someone in Capcom must be obsessed with siege defence thing - we had to do our 1st mission of defending village from monster rampage which we absolutely hated. Reminded me of Zorah Magdaros siege fight in World (which I also hated).

Here you may check on me and my animal pals in MH Rise :)

Attachments

• mhrise01.jpg
    mhrise01.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 6
And here you may compare with RL templates ...

Attachments

• jerry01.jpg
    jerry01.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 4
  • leela01.jpg
    leela01.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2
When you fail to port MH:World to Switch because the hardware can't handle it you make a new MH aimed at Switch hardware and port it to PC.

Omg your kitty and doggo are both so adorable!! :smitten:

Thx :)

Jerry was hunting with me as palico already in MH World. It was extremely cool that Leela could join us in MH Rise and I have to say that I find palamutes as one of main positive aspects of MH Rise.

Imagine if the maps were much larger so riding palamute wouldnt take you from one side to another in 1 minute and that monster tracking gameplay element was kept in game. That would make it much better game - at least for me.

On the other hand I know too well that MH Rise is clearly aimed on audience of previous MH titles, where exploration is almost non-existent and all is built around combat and crafting. I didnt like older MH games and World was first one that I really played. I really hope that if there is sequel to World, they will further expand exploration aspect and not the other way. I also wouldnt mind getting rid of terrible time limits , but thats probably too much to wish for.

Thx :)

Jerry was hunting with me as palico already in MH World. It was extremely cool that Leela could join us in MH Rise and I have to say that I find palamutes as one of main positive aspects of MH Rise.

Imagine if the maps were much larger so riding palamute wouldnt take you from one side to another in 1 minute and that monster tracking gameplay element was kept in game. That would make it much better game - at least for me.

On the other hand I know too well that MH Rise is clearly aimed on audience of previous MH titles, where exploration is almost non-existent and all is built around combat and crafting. I didnt like older MH games and World was first one that I really played. I really hope that if there is sequel to World, they will further expand exploration aspect and not the other way. I also wouldnt mind getting rid of terrible time limits , but thats probably too much to wish for.

I wish I have pets to model palico and palamute after too!

Yeah, Rise map is such a let down - very small and it doesn't have that wow factor when you explore.

I played almost 30 hours and finished both village and hub low rank quests. Mind you, I think more than 5 hours was spent on taking screenshots (I have more than 350 already lol).

Rise, imo, is lacking challenge. We never failed a single mission and the only monster I found decent to hunt was Magnamalo. Most of hunts were done under 10 minutes. When the ending screen rolled after Magnamalo, I was "... wait, that's it?!"

Well, at least fashion hunting is keeping me entertained. There are quite a few outfits I like so I need to progress high rank to get them :)

Back
Top Bottom