Hidden Deep - Enters Early Access

Redglyph

SasqWatch
COG reported that adventure thriller Hidden Deep had entered Early Access.

HIDDEN DEEP EMERGES ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS TODAY

Deep dark horror is out on early access. Cogwheel Software's 2D horror game, Hidden Deep, has come to Steam Early Access. The side-scrolling deep sea horror's earl access follows a December 2021 Beta that saw play by over 50,000 Steam users. A press release about the announcement provides more details about the Early Access, as well as, the game itself.

Hidden Deep brings the player to a massive research facility deep beneath the ocean. Inspired by 1980's horror themes, the game, allows players to unravel the mystery of what is going on in the research facility. As a member of the Security and Scouting team it will be the players job to map out underground tunnels, and keep the scientists safe from any threats.

The press release explains that, "The story pays homage to many classic movies of the 1980s such as Aliens, The Thing, Virus and The Blob." An early access trailer, that came out today, shows off the gameplay of Hidden Deep.

[...]
More information.

Not my usual cup of tea, but it has kind of a nostalgia vibe recalling old style games. Actually looks kind of fun.

Well, I was very excited based on their "inspiration list" - but the actual game looks like a typical indie snooze-fest with a neat setting.

It reminds me of The Swapper which was a fun and well-presented puzzle / exploration game, if a little light on story. Except this one is more action-oriented obviously. It's quite promising for who likes the genre, but it's developed by only one person so it could take a while, and we shouldn't expect a AAA arcade shooter (thankfully).

Back
Top Bottom