Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - DLC Release Data & More

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Owlcat Games announced the release date for the next DLC, Inevitable Excess. They also announce a free DLC: A Visitor from Distant Lands, and other news.

Release Date for DLC 1, Console update, New Free DLC, Lunar New Year sale!

Greetings, crusaders!

The Lunar New Year is upon us, and we've got something for you!

First of all, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and all additional content is now available in Steam, GOG and Epic Games Store with a 20% discount! Have you been waiting for the right moment to begin your own crusade? Wanted to prepare for your future adventures with Season Pass? Or perhaps you waited for a chance to introduce your friend to the world of Golarion? This is the perfect opportunity.

It's also the time to grab the brand new Free DLC: A Visitor from Distant Lands and get your own pet sovereign dragon that will assist you in Knowledge and Lore skill checks! Known for their wisdom, majestic sovereign dragons rarely leave their homeland of Tian Xia, and it is even more surprising to find one of them, young and brave, among the personal belongings of the heroes of the Fifth Crusade.

Some of you have certainly noticed the hints we've been dropping across our social networks last week. You have guessed it right - your journey to preserve the space-time continuum begins on 15th of February, the release date for the highly anticipated first story DLC: Inevitable Excess! The DLC will be available as a part of Season Pass as well as a separate purchase in major digital stores.

[...]
More information.

This is really nice to hear! Though I suspect that I'll do the same that I did with both the Kingmaker-DLC & the Tyranny-DLC, that is wait until every DLC has been released then play through all of it at once.

All in the hopes that DLC-quantity will roughly equal playing through the main game again. ;)

I don't have this patience. ;) And I'm not a big fan of DLC, I haven't played them in Kingmaker even though they were included when I bought it (late). There's already more than enough in the original campaign.

And now we know where this was coming from! @purpleblob1; :D

Do we have more details concerning that DLC? Is it with a fresh / new character start or they manage to include it in the current campaign/story somehow? (chapter….)

Do we have more details concerning that DLC? Is it with a fresh / new character start or they manage to include it in the current campaign/story somehow? (chapter….)

Here's the description of the 3 DLCs, maybe someone else will have more information:

DLC #1

New additional campaign. Import your character from the main campaign to the moment of their greatest triumph — their victory over the Worldwound. Answer a plea from a powerful entity and leave Golarion behind to defend the space-time continuum against imminent collapse. Use your unparalleled mythic powers to do battle with truly invincible opponents. This additional campaign offers 7–8 hours of gameplay.

DLC #2

New additional campaign. The demon attack on Kenabres changed the lives of many. While the mythic hero and their loyal companions were busy liberating the city, the common folk had to find a way to survive, relying only on their humble skills.
Band together with other survivors and try to reach the Defender's Heart tavern, the last foothold of the crusader forces in the city. Choose who will join your group, and make difficult decisions about allocating scarce resources. Remember — in fire-ravaged Kenabres, every scroll and potion could make the difference not only in an individual fight, but also to your very survival. Act in the group's best interests or focus solely on your own well-being. Import your choices to the main campaign and look forward to seeing this story develop in other DLC. This additional campaign offers 6–7 hours of gameplay.

DLC #3

A new rogue-like mode with partial integration into the main campaign. In Alushinyrra's port, climb aboard a cursed ship that will transport you to a mysterious whirlpool lost amidst the Midnight Isles. Dive in and discover a dungeon whose proportions you can only guess at. Go exploring in search of glory, loot, and battles, and come face to face with a secret that will benefit either Nocticula, the mistress of the archipelago, or her enemies. The dungeon's levels, created using random zone generation, are populated with various enemies, devious traps, and secret rooms. You will return victorious to Alushinyrra — or else the cursed ship will return on its own, laden with trophies from the last expedition, to await new adventure-seekers.

Thanks!

As someone who lost the desire to play at chapter 5, I feel more excited with DLC #2 and #3 than the first one. At least, I guess we won't have to bother with the crusader HOMM-like game while playing this DLC.

Here's the description of the 3 DLCs, maybe someone else will have more information:

DLC #3

A new rogue-like mode with partial integration into the main campaign. In Alushinyrra's port, climb aboard a cursed ship that will transport you to a mysterious whirlpool lost amidst the Midnight Isles. Dive in and discover a dungeon whose proportions you can only guess at. Go exploring in search of glory, loot, and battles, and come face to face with a secret that will benefit either Nocticula, the mistress of the archipelago, or her enemies. The dungeon's levels, created using random zone generation, are populated with various enemies, devious traps, and secret rooms. You will return victorious to Alushinyrra — or else the cursed ship will return on its own, laden with trophies from the last expedition, to await new adventure-seekers.

Hopefully this ends up being Infinite Dungeons done right.

Except that's not who I responded to. That comment was a response to Feist hoping that the DLCs would take as long to play through as the game itself. :)

Oooh sorry! I misread the post >.> really sorry

What!? Not one of these DLCs is adding more classes to the game? ;)

It sounds like the first DLC is shooting for the Throne of Bhaal type experience. Fighting a bunch of epic bosses. It's kind of nice when you have max'ed out your level and gear to have some really formible opponents so it sounds good. I'm hoping they are not as hard as the Deadfire mega-bosses though, those were insanely hard if you didn't have certain builds and I ended up cheesing my way through them by exploiting certain overpowered combinations of spells.

There is a 0.0% chance of that. My goodness.

Well true, that it would be someting that would equal the massive campaign of WotR, is certainly an unrealistic hope. Even so, I feel that I've played a number of DLCs that in themselves have felt like they could almost have been released as a stand alone game.

Good old "Hordes of the Underdark" for NWN, "White March" part 1 & 2 for PoE, Blood & Wine for TW3 and even "Bastard's Wound" combined with "Tales from the Tiers" for Tyranny.

It is normally expecting far too much from DLC but I keep my fingers crossed anyways. ;)

>200h of content wasn't enough? :rolleyes:

Lol, it was plenty…more than plenty. :lol:

However, if I am to bother with DLC then it should either be when I'm playing through the game for the first time, or when I'm replaying it….5-10 years from now? or…as the third alternative, have enough "meat on the bones" to be worth playing in themselves without replaying the main game. ;)

Back
Top Bottom