Elden Ring - New Mini-Dungeon Gameplay

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Destructoid commented on the new gameplay footage and the mini-dungeon feature.

New Elden Ring gameplay explores one of its mini-dungeons

There isn't much time left until Elden Ring is out. The dark fantasy action game from From Software heads into another world full of ruin, magic, and danger. And some new mini-dungeon gameplay footage of Elden Ring shown today helps you get a sense for what dangers might appear in the open world around you.

A new batch of info dropped today, as part of Game Informer's big cover reveal. Part of it includes some exclusive new Elden Ring gameplay footage exploring Castle Mourne, a locale classified as a "mini-dungeon." The full game will have numerous mini-dungeons to explore; these caves and other areas exist in the world alongside larger dungeon areas like Stormveil Castle.

In Game Informer's footage, they head into the castle after dodging absolutely massive harpoon-like arrows from one very angry giant. We get to see the double-jump and mount combat in action, and a sick sword graveyard in the distance, before the player heads into the castle.

[...]
More information.

Riding around on some sort of flying goat horse? Never seen that in a game before.

And that Axe, twice the size of the character...

What happened to first person? I never understood taking all that time to create a world and have you watch from a drone behind/above view. I spent all my time watching "myself" and missed the scenery.

My first post/registered. Have come to this site for over eight years. Enjoy all the opinions.

Seems like a strange place to position a giant archer. Wouldn't he get much better range up the top? In a tower, or something? Guarding white trees or something? :p

Seems like a strange place to position a giant archer. Wouldn't he get much better range up the top? In a tower, or something? Guarding white trees or something? :p

Maybe he was usually up on the tower, but then he dropped something and had to go down to get it, and just at that moment the player comes to the scene .... :)

Dark Souls 4. I see zero real innovation here. Looks like the same engine and animations? Kind of lazy but I’m sure it will be fun. Looks good but I’m fatigued on DS. I’ll let this bake a few years.

Maybe he was usually up on the tower, but then he dropped something and had to go down to get it, and just at that moment the player comes to the scene …. :)

Sounds like Souls lore to me! Vaatividya should do a video on this! :p

Back
Top Bottom