Non-RPG General News - GTA6 Well Underway

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Rockstar Games have posted a community update and a tweet in which they mention GTA6 is well underway, in response to fan requests.

[...]

What's Next

With the unprecedented longevity of GTAV, we know many of you have been asking us about a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. With every new project we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously delivered -- and we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway. We look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready, so please stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for official details.

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you all for your support and cannot wait to step into the future with you!
More information.

It's just too bad that you can't play these GTA games as an undercover cop trying to bring down a criminal empire, rather than just playing as a criminal. That way you can at least choose to follow a moral path, even if the means are dark and dirty at times. As it is I'm not remotely tempted.

Yeah, I'm still put off by that scene where you actively had to shoot a helpless guy in the knee (?) in GTA IV (I think... that one in New York).

Also I don't like playing three different guys like in GTA V.

I'd love it if they'd really do a re-imagining of GTA. So far I feel every GTA game simply amped up the scope and budgets, but they're fundamentally the same game.

For example, maybe do a really realistic version of GTA. Or maybe set it very much into the future and do a Blade-runner-esque city simulator. That would be amazing if the sort of budget and effort Rockstar can throw around.

They could even give Cyberpunk 2077 a run for their money, by providing a better cyberpunk action game.

But of course, I'm just day dreaming. No way is Take2 gonna fund a big game without the monetization capability that GTA5 has had. I think RDR2 was a real exception, one that took 8 years and a lot of work, but didn't end up as monetizable as GTA5. So it's likely considered a failure by leadership.

As an undercover cop you could play good or evil; noble or corrupt. As a crook, well your choices are usually bad or worse.

People become criminals for all kinds of reasons. There's definitely still a gray area there, one demonstrated in GTA IV with Nico and in GTA V with Franklin. Neither of them are evil men.

Do you guys never watch television shows in which the protagonists are on the wrong side of the law? Is Breaking Bad too uncomfortable for you, for example?

I skew heavily good in every single RPG I play, but I have no problem playing GTA. I'm looking forward to a new one, though I do wonder how much it might suffer from Dan Houser being gone.

There aren't enough games where you play the good guy?
No, there can never be enough good games (where you play the good guy). ;)

But more seriously, I can of course see why others like to play bad guys, and I'm happy for them to have games where it's possible. It's (normally) just not for me.
However what I dislike more in this very situation is that the player just doesn't have a choice. He just has to act in this predetermined way proceed.
When I'm playing evil (which actually happens) I still want to have a choice how to act. Brute force is boring.

Back
Top Bottom