Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - DLC Delayed

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Owlcat Games postponed the release of Inevitable Excess to March 3rd.

The change of the DLC release day

Inevitable Excess will be released on the 3rd of March

We've been excited to share with you our new DLC Inevitable Excess for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, and judging by the feedback we got, you are excited for this DLC as well. After all, who wouldn't want to continue the adventures of a high-level party with incredible powers and face new monsters and threats?

However, after we ran a number of internal tests, we realized that the experience you would get from this new adventure was not as mythic as we wanted it to be. We wanted you to feel great and powerful, but also face the foes that would be tricky and challenging enough. But some of the new battle encounters we designed didn't convey our intentions properly, and we felt like the new enemies and their mechanical features needed more balancing. And so, with a heavy heart, we have to admit that we need additional time before we can let you play this DLC.

Inevitable Excess will be released on the 3rd of March instead of tomorrow. We apologize for the inevitable delay, and hope that you will love the DLC after our team and the denizens of Axis give it their special treatment! Meanwhile, we would like you to meet Valmallos. Those of you who are well-versed in the Pathfinder lore already know him as the keeper of magic, who dwells on the plane of Axis, where your travels will take you in this DLC.

Valmallos is one of the inevitables, mechanical aeons, who were created by axiomites a long time ago to oversee the laws of the universe, and this one is particularly concerned by the threat the Worldwound possesses to the laws of magic. But what part will you play in his plans? You will find out on the 3rd of March. And may your journey be mythic and fun!
More information.

On no it's delayed a few weeks. Say it isn't so.:lol:

I didn't even know it was near release.

Given Owlcat's track record, the DLC must be in REALLY poor shape if even they decided to delay it :biggrin: .

Yep it will probably need another 30+ hot-fixes as well after it's released.:lol:

The good news is: They also have a track record of actually delivering those patches, instead of just leaving the game a buggy mess.

Not surprising. The main game is in a decent state, but needs some additional polish. So I think it is good if they postpone it a bit try to make it more fun and take care of the details.

I wish we had better laughing emojis.:lol:

Owlcat and polishing a new release in the same sentence is ripe for a meme..

They definitely need a good continuous delivery methodology, what they have now is messy at best.

So, yes they had many bugs, but their game is the most complex in the genre, they aimed very high and succeeded. Once everything was settled (which didn't take so long), the least we can say is that it was one of the greatest games.

Compared to so many AAA streamlined yet very buggy games, or average indies, I don't see much to laugh about. :)

They definitely need a good continuous delivery methodology, what they have now is messy at best.

So, yes they had many bugs, but their game is the most complex in the genre, they aimed very high and succeeded. Once everything was settled (which didn't take so long), the least we can say is that it was one of the greatest games.

Compared to so many AAA streamlined yet very buggy games, or average indies, I don't see much to laugh about. :)

I started playing this recently and I haven't encountered any bad bugs yet. It's a bit uneven in quality when it comes to voice acting and script, and some things are annoying. But mostly it is very well done.

I started playing this recently and I haven't encountered any bad bugs yet. It's a bit uneven in quality when it comes to voice acting and script, and some things are annoying. But mostly it is very well done.

It's not perfect. :)

If I had one reproach, it's the HoMM-like army battles, I'd remove it rather than have this half-cooked feature. But I haven't played it for a while, and only in chapter 2 since the release, so perhaps it has evolved. The rest of the crusade system is fine, it shows the natural progression and the council / opening the road to each other with the party are good ideas.

Still in chapter one and about to attack Grey garrison. So I'm curious to see what happens next and how I find the HoMM-like battles :)

I found this game unplayable, way too sugary. Wasteland 3 however is perfect!!

That's some odd phrasing. :) I found the tone pretty consistent with my expectations.

WL3 was fun too, but I found it way too goofy and dumb to get through a second playthrough.

Much like the BG series, I know that WoTR will keep me entertained for years to come.

Yeah, not sure how that name came here but Wasteland 3 is … something else, really not my cup of tea. And so bugged, with no support whatsoever. This was the quickest refund for me. :lol:

Still in chapter one and about to attack Grey garrison. So I'm curious to see what happens next and how I find the HoMM-like battles :)

That should keep you busy for a little while. ;)

The crusade system is introduced with mini-tutorials like the rest, very helpful. Be attentive though, last time I checked the information given in those tutorials were not available in the encyclopedia for some reason, hopefully this has changed.

I am looking forward to this DLC ;)

I know the story will be good ;) I think its interesting setting too - I wonder if there will be some special interactions with Aeon mythic?

I didn't like the style so much, just personal preference, otherwise I would have waited. Yeah, I'm sure it's all fixed now.
Yeah I didn't like some of the GUI changes myself. As just leveling up is more of a chore now. I still have to play the DLC as many claim it expands the empty overland map.
I am looking forward to this DLC ;)

I know the story will be good ;) I think its interesting setting too - I wonder if there will be some special interactions with Aeon mythic?
I await your impression as I put the game on hold.

Back
Top Bottom