ELEX II - Explanation Trailer

already pre ordered.
diablo2resurreected, goodbye..

nothing like a good PB game.

Looking pretty good! There will be mirror shades, right?

Too many games. Will not be able to play this on release. But looking forward nonetheless.

As much as I liked the first game, one thing makes me seriously hesitate in pre-ordering this sequel…
I'm a bit wary that, iirc, every combat animation shown by their trailers so far are carefully cut so as to never show more than one single _continuous_ move at a time (then, it's cut and different camera angle/footage) without any kind of follow up. Such video editing makes it look like they are reluctant in showing us their promised, and I quote, "massively improved control system".
Fingers crossed that I'm wrong… but I don't think that my worries are just imaginary, especially since these combat moves nevertheless stills look really stiff, even as they are currently "shown" (or not really).

Edit: Ah, Just heard of a gameplay video.. which I obviously did not see. Shame on me. Still…. Hmm, So, anyone to tell me that I'm worrying for nothing. Pretty please :)

Also, slight digression, but I find a bit amusing that there once was so much blown out of proportion whining about Mass Effect Andromeda characters' faces, even from that game initial trailers, while I for one find that Elex II faces -and eyes especially- are looking freaking strange. But that's anecdotical I guess.

Last edited:
Also, slight digression, but I find a bit amusing that there once was so much blown out of proportion whining about Mass Effect Andromeda characters' faces, even from that game initial trailers, while I for one find that Elex II faces -and eyes especially- are looking freaking strange. But that's anecdotical I guess.

Wouldnt compare PB games with Mass Effect on this level. While both fan-bases intersect to some degree, I dont think most of Elex fans value same things on their RPGs as most Mass Effect fans.

From the game-play videos I have seen, I haven't noticed the animations to be stiff. Here is a quick combat video (under 5 minutes) where the main guy is walking around a lot and flying and engages in combat at the end, and to me it looks decent in terms of animations.

Especially the walking round and the way the world moves looks smooth to me, though I guess you might say combat isn't the smoothest looking, but to me it doesn't look stiff or bad.

The one suggestion I would have is they need to provide other colors than just a plain and hard to see white color for the "loot" option when you can loot something, and the interface option like when looking at inventory.

That plain white color can be hard to see, in my opinion, and they should provide other colors as options like maybe blue, or yellow or green, and so on, so people can customize the interface if they find the plain (and boring) white color hard to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V50udyhUsMc

Well, Bjoern Pankratz (project lead ELEX & ELEX 2) has coincidentally actually stated just this week that the Mass Effect series (which he loves) was a major source of inspiration for ELEX and ELEX 2 and he said that he is currently playing Andromeda again :) .

It's all in this German language video:

My point was that Elex fanbase is not driven by visual production values as much as Mass Effect fan base and I dont think this fan-fact, while being interesting, contradicts that statement.

Looks good.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. No faction (only if viable and it doesn't exclude being powerful)
2. Albs (I actually really wanted to be a member of that faction in the first game)
3. Anything but Outlaws, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom