Mostly RPG News - Upcoming Games March 2022

Redglyph

proud GASP member
WolfheartFPS shares his list of selected upcoming games. Spot the one he doesn't like.

Top New Games Coming March 2022 (RPG, Adventure, Looter Shooter..)

• 0:00 Intro
  • 0:15 March 1 Pathfinder DLC
  • 1:25 March 1 Elex 2
  • 2:56 March 1 Shadow Warrior 3
  • 4:14 March 3 Babylon's Fall
  • 5:34 March 8 Submerged: Hidden Depths
  • 6:35 March 17 Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
  • 7:51 March 18 Stranger In Paradise Final Fantasy Origin
  • 9:06 March 25 Ghostwire Tokyo
  • 10:07 March 25 Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
  • 11:25 March 29 King Arthur: Knight's Tale
  • 12:54 March 31 Weird West
More information.

Last edited:
March looks like a fantastic month. I remember the slow times in the late 90s and early 2000s where it would take a year to get that many crpgs released.

I think 2022 in general is going to be great for gaming.

That said, March is all about Elex 2 for me. I might eventually check out King Arthur: Knight's Tale and Weird West as well.

Elex 2 for me as well.

Weird West should be more interesting to me, as I like Arkane (though I think they're a bit overrated by many) - but I just can't see an immersive sim work that well in isometric perspective.

It's called immersive for a reason.

Yea March looks busy. 3 games/DLC coming out I am interested in.

March looks like a fantastic month. I remember the slow times in the late 90s and early 2000s where it would take a year to get that many crpgs released.
Yep I agree the problem is plenty of mid tier RPGs, but sadly lacking many big budget RPGs these days. Not a bad thing but I miss Bioware style cinematic RPGs.

At least Starfield should release later this year.

Anyway looking forward to playing the following next month from that list.

• Elex 2
  • Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
  • Weird West

It's an interesting year, it certainly won't help with the backlog. :)

I'm interested in Elex 2, Black Geyser, Weird West and maybe King Arthur. Then of course Pathfinder's DLC, but it depends how it turns out (and I rarely buy DLC after spending a long time on a game).

I share the same doubts as Dart about Weird West, though it's the one I'm most interested in too.

Exciting month. Looking forward to:
Black Geyser (which I originally backed on Kickstarter)
Weird West
Submerged (enjoyed the first game)
And (not mentioned here) Syberia: The World Before

Also:
Pathfinder DLC
Elex II

But probably won't get to those for a long time (I'm still playing through Kingmaker...)

I'm only interested in WotR DLC and in a "wait and see" mode for Black Geyser.

I don't usually play RPGs with set protagonist, especially male character because I can't RP males, so Elex 2 and King Arthur: Knight's Tale are out :/

Given the current political situation, I'm wondering if we will see more than DLC #1 for WotR. Owlcat have confirmed on Reddit and the Steam forums that DLC #1 will release as planned in a few days but they have avoided commenting on DLC #2 and #3 as far as I have seen. That's not a good sign imo.

I know there are much more important things than worrying about season pass content but it is kind of baffling to experience such an immediate (potential) effect of the sanctions.

Given the current political situation, I'm wondering if we will see more than DLC #1 for WotR. Owlcat have confirmed on Reddit and the Steam forums that DLC #1 will release as planned in a few days but they have avoided commenting on DLC #2 and #3 as far as I have seen. That's not a good sign imo.

I know there are much more important things than worrying about season pass content but it is kind of baffling to experience such an immediate (potential) effect of the sanctions.

Or it could simply be that DLC #2 and 3 are still in its early form and they aren't ready to share more detail on them.

Hmm..I don't believe there are sanctions against video games yet. Though with the Russian ruble collapsing, and countries boycotting everything Russian who knows.

Or it could simply be that DLC #2 and 3 are still in its early form and they aren't ready to share more detail on them.

The point of the questions asked was not for Owlcat to share details but IF the DLC past #1 will still be developed and IF it can actually still be released and sold. I don't find it very encouraging that Owlcat ignored these questions. They could have at least said "we do not know, we have to evaluate the new situation as everyone else, please be patient". But saying nothing at all sounds to me like further content development on WotR is most likely cancelled.

The point of the questions asked was not for Owlcat to share details but IF the DLC past #1 will still be developed and IF it can actually still be released and sold. I don't find it very encouraging that Owlcat ignored these questions. They could have at least said "we do not know, we have to evaluate the new situation as everyone else, please be patient". But saying nothing at all sounds to me like further content development on WotR is most likely cancelled.

I think you are assuming too much when you say "is most likely cancelled" - I view it as they can't comment on it because they don't know how situation will develop.

Hmm..I don't believe there are sanctions against video games yet. Though with the Russian ruble collapsing, and countries boycotting everything Russian who knows.

Video games may not be sanctioned directly yet and SWIFT is off the table for NOW but a SWIFT ban might be coming up within the next few weeks/months. A SWIFT ban would probably spell the end of business for all Russian devs on Steam.

The question is: Will Owlcat develop DLC #2 and #3 in spite of the potential risk of not being able to sell them (on Western platforms) when they are done or will they put all development on ice until further notice to minimize risks?

I think you are assuming too much when you say "is most likely cancelled" - I view it as they can't comment on it because they don't know how situation will develop.

Yes, hopefully :) . But if I were Owlcat, I'd consider the minimization of risks and my gut feeling is that DLC #1 will be the first and last DLC for WotR.
I also would not bet on any future games from them (or any Russian devs) for a few years to come unless Steam implements a SWIFT alternative like SPFS or CIPS (if that implementation would even be legally allowed).

Video games may not be sanctioned directly yet and SWIFT is off the table for NOW but a SWIFT ban might be coming up within the next few weeks/months. A SWIFT ban would probably spell the end of business for all Russian devs on Steam.
If it's just SWIFT, I wouldn't think that would be much of an issue. Not having access to SWIFT doesn't stop you from transferring money, it just makes it slower. But Steam pays you via SWIFT if you're outside the US. Seems like all Owlcat would need is a foreign (ie outside of Russia) bank account where they can receive their funds from Steam. Could also go a step further and create a full-blown front company, outside Russia, that publishes their games and deals with the money aspect.

The real problem might come in if there were much bigger sanctions, where Steam would have to ban Russians from listing games at all, along the lines of what's in place for countries like Iran, Syria, etc.

They're only finishing the first DLC, that's normal they don't have much to comment about the future DLCs. I wouldn't try to second-guess and involve politics at this point.

It's a gaming company, they have salaries to pay, so they won't stop and wait for external events to develop, they will simply continue to develop DLCs and games. Also, it's a Cypriot company, even though most of the developers are in Moscow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom