ELEX II - Release Day

I tend to periodically swap between strategy and role playing games, and just returned to RPGs a couple of weeks ago, only to discover there was a new Piranha Bytes game right around the corner. :) I found the game world of the first Elex fascinating, maybe my favourite post apocalyptic setting ever. I can't wait to get started with this one. I just need to get the kids to bed. :)

I wanted to ask you folks whether any of you played the FIRST Elex game on a PS4? Is it playable? I don't have money for a truly modern PC, but I do have a PS4, and I will not play Elex 2 before playing the first one...

I wanted to ask you folks whether any of you played the FIRST Elex game on a PS4? Is it playable? I don't have money for a truly modern PC, but I do have a PS4, and I will not play Elex 2 before playing the first one…

I played ELEX on a GTX 980 and it was fine. Though I have a PS4, did not play it on that system so sadly, I cannot help you there.

We all know this will be savaged by reviewers. When I eventually play it I'm sure I will thoroughly enjoy it. In a way I feel quite bad for PB.

When you test the performance please share your opinions on it and on the game in general.

Bought it. I'm not playing this for a while, but I have enjoyed almost every PB game to date, so it's a must buy.

My plan is to replay Elex at some point before playing Elex 2, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stick to that.

I'm playing with an old GTX 970 on Full-HD - I have no performance issues at the start of the game.

It needs, urgently, to allow us to change the FOV. The camera is too zoomed in, it feels off. Some people are even complaining about headaches.

I play with an ultrawide monitor, so at first I thought this was a lazy implementation of the UW resolutions (some games just zoom in and crop the image to fill the UW frame). But changing to a 16:9 aspect ratio resolution, didn't fix it. It's the FOV that is too low.

That's not a bug as PB decided to use an over the shoulder perspective instead of the usual third person perspective. Can't say I'm a fan and don't know why they changed it.

It needs, urgently, to allow us to change the FOV. The camera is too zoomed in, it feels off. Some people are even complaining about headaches.

I play with an ultrawide monitor, so at first I thought this was a lazy implementation of the UW resolutions (some games just zoom in and crop the image to fill the UW frame). But changing to a 16:9 aspect ratio resolution, didn't fix it. It's the FOV that is too low.

FOV? Field of view?

Well, I've tried it for about an hour now. It looks perfectly good and there are no performance issues. However, I do *hate* the camera. It's zoomed way in, and if there's a way to zoom out, I haven't found it. What's worse, however, is that it does zoom out a little bit *automatically* when I start running, and then bounce back in when I stop, settling very close and a little bit off to the right of my character. This is baffling to me. Why would anyone want it like this? And yes, the FOV seems quite small too.

Well, I've tried it for about an hour now. It looks perfectly good and there are no performance issues. However, I do *hate* the camera. It's zoomed way in, and if there's a way to zoom out, I haven't found it. What's worse, however, is that it does zoom out a little bit *automatically* when I start running, and then bounce back in when I stop, settling very close and a little bit off to the right of my character. This is baffling to me. Why would anyone want it like this? And yes, the FOV seems quite small too.
INTEL or AMD hardware? As most of the performance problems seem to be players with AMD CPU/GPU's. I agree about the camera and FOV implementation in the game.

I wanted to ask you folks whether any of you played the FIRST Elex game on a PS4? Is it playable? I don't have money for a truly modern PC, but I do have a PS4, and I will not play Elex 2 before playing the first one…

Geeze, I have a i7/7700k, 16 gigs of ram, and a GTX 1080 just being used as a table. Do you live in the US, @Elwro;? Maybe we could work out a deal you could afford....

Geeze, I have a i7/7700k, 16 gigs of ram, and a GTX 1080 just being used as a table. Do you live in the US, @Elwro? Maybe we could work out a deal you could afford...¦.
I'd say share a few pictures and how much? To bad I bought an AMD PC last year.:(

INTEL or AMD hardware? As most of the performance problems seem to be players with AMD CPU/GPU's. I agree about the camera and FOV implementation in the game.

I've got my trusty old GeForce 980 TI, and an Intel i5-6600K CPU. That's certainly nothing spectacular these days, and performance is just fine.

The camera is so bad, however, that I might just wait and see if they do something about it before playing any more. I'm not usually this sensitive to technical issues (I was one of the three people who were okay with Gothic 3 on release day), but this is so central to how I experience the game world, it feels crippling to see it this way.

Geeze, I have a i7/7700k, 16 gigs of ram, and a GTX 1080 just being used as a table. Do you live in the US, @Elwro;? Maybe we could work out a deal you could afford….
I think he lives in Portugal or somewhere like that?

Downloading now! I got almost 30% off when I bought it from Humble the other day.

No performance issues here either. I heard something about a day 1 patch. Does anyone know if that's already been applied?

Running max settings @1920x1200, and it's completely smooth with minimal pop-in. That's on a i7-4790K and GTX 1080.

C96CFDFE18571BF0051D288575A602C9A0B03E48

417DE1132FF31BA197C9D73DE4B964F81F444D65

99AC30426BB9A3E9541B9FD5CCC3F0C3FC436207

990DD3DDE642D1361C39C1B87F5365B483C2C5B2

Back
Top Bottom