Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - DLC Inevitable Excess released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The new Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous DLC Inevitable Excess has been released along with update 1.20:

The Inevitable Excess DLC is out!

Hello, crusaders!

If you have already finished Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and are waiting for new challenges, it's time to go on your next adventure -- in Inevitable Excess, the first story DLC.

[...]

More information.

Cool. I'm currently into Total War WH3, and after that I have several other games in my backlog, AND Elex 2 is a must-buy for me. But I'm pretty sure I'll get to this at some point.

The main campaign is so damn good I'll probably have to replay that with another character as well…

I'm currently in chapter 2, and I believe it's the last part. Looking forward to playing this in a few months time :)

I got this game at release but have held off playing it. Started playing today and will give this DLC a try if I want to keep playing towards the end.

Made a Warpriest. Seems like a good class and went with a human for the extra feat.

Patch 1.20 isn't a small update… it's a little over 8 GB, and they had to split their post in two parts. They have still been very busy then, if they continue like that there won't be any bugs left for us to find! ;) Seriously though, I'm surprised there's still so much. But I see a good part of that is tuning and adjustments.

The key takeaway is that at last,
Beer Elementals and Lager Beer Elementals finally look like beer;

They wouldn't fool us former celts on such an important topic :p

I experienced beta version of the DLC so I have a few tips for those who are interested.

You can either import the final save from the main campaign or create a new character from scratch to all the way to level 20 + mythic 10.

I'd recommend those who haven't finished main campaign to hold off playing the DLC because it has a lot of main campaign spoilers! If you are impatient and want to play this before you finish the main campaign then I'd say at least hold off until you are about 2/3 way into chapter 4 where you get a big story reveal upon getting an audience with one of the demon lords.

As for my impression of the (beta) DLC, the story is sooooo good, I really loved it. There's still mythic specific dialogues and C&C too. It has quite a lot of puzzles but nothing too annoying except the final one. It was quite bugfree from my experience. The only thing that annoyed me was combat balance - there's this annoying mechanic where you constantly have to pass WILL save or you lose control over your characters. Its very fitting to the story but I found it annoying. Also, I found combat quite difficult but no idea how the release version DLC will feel - hopefully better now as Owlcats delayed release date to rebalance the combat.

I'm jumping right back in today! I finished beta with my Angel mythic so time for my Azata run now ;)

Edit: My save game says it took me 7 hours to finish the DLC but this doesn't include reload times, so I'd say more like 10-12hours experience.

Last edited:
That's a ton of duplicated time! Did you die a lot or were there other reasons you reloaded saves?

I died heaps…….. I absolutely got obliterated by first mob group I met in this DLC… so most of reloads are due to me dying in combat.

Edit: I tried out first few combats from release version, its much easier now! Yes, no more reloading for hours now :D

Last edited:
Update on the DLC (not from my experience):

1. It seems like some people aren't able to launch the game at all upon purchasing DLC, which means they can't play the main game as well. It's a big issue and hopefully Owlcat will address it soon.
2. Don't respec - apparently, it removes this special ability you ABSOLUTELY NEED to progress the DLC.
3. I don't know why but it seems like most people expects the DLC to have an impact on the main campaign - this is NOT the case as you don't import the DLC save back into the main campaign
4. Some people seem to think DLC is full of puzzles (making it sound like 90% of DLC content is puzzles or make comparison to Enigma) - I have no idea where this is coming from. I personally hate puzzles and absolutely hated mega puzzle dungeon in the main campaign but DLC puzzles were not THAT numerous nor difficult to solve except for the final puzzle.
5. View/read Steam reviews at your own risk as people just decided to spoil the whole plot there……

EDIT: Found out why people expect DLC save to be imported back into the main game. DLC description is a bit misleading: "import your achievements into the main campaign by unlocking new powers!"<-- this only happens if you choose a certain ending in DLC and it just adds 1 ability in the main campaign - not 100% sure but it seem to impact any main campaign saves where you've already unlocked mythic path.

Last edited:
Oh no game breaking bugs say it isn't so once again. You could say it was inevitable :p

Most of the complaints I've seen were about the gameplay. It apparently focuses almost entirely on combat and puzzles.

It's similar to the two DLC for Kingmaker that few people liked - separate from the main story and filled with a lot of frustrating combat encounters.

so its like the enigma? that area gave me headaches lol

Thanks for the info, @purpleblob1;, fortunately it wasn't lost on everyone. ;)

EDIT: there's a hotfix, but I see no mention of the loading problem so it may still be lurking around:

Known issues:
  • Companions in the Inevitable Excess DLC can't be retrained if you got them not from an imported save.

Changelog:
  • The screen went black when the party was attacked during rest - partially fixed; the bug happens much rarely now, and will be fixed fully in one of the nearest patches;
  • Some mythic paths were getting incorrect companions in Inevitable Excess - fixed;
  • Minor changes to Camelia's auto leveling in the Inevitable Excess DLC.

Last edited:
I just saw this, maybe it can help if anyone has the I-cannot-start issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184370/discussions/0/3183486955454326391/
FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT START YOUR GAME.
COPY AND PASTE: %systemdrive%\users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\

DELETE ALL FILES UNDER THE UNITY FILE, ALL UNDERNEATH IT NOT ALL FROM IN IT.

THIS WORKED FOR ME AND IM ABLE TO PLAY MY GAME AGAIN.

THIS WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED BY

アンジェル

Back
Top Bottom