Non-RPG General News - Little Big Adventure 1&2 Being Refreshed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Eurogamer reports on some improvements coming to Action Adventures Little Big Adventure 1 & 2 by developer 2.21.

The original Little Big Adventure - an evocative blend of platforming, puzzling, and exploration that charted the story of young hero Twinsen, on the run from evil dictator Dr. FunFrock - released back in 1994 and was followed by a sequel three years later. With both titles now over a quarter of a century old, they are, understandably, rather lacking in terms of modern day polish, and 2.21 is looking to remedy that as it seeks to bring the games to more players ahead of its planned third instalment in the Little Big Adventure series.

To that end, as detailed in a new blog post, 2.21 has been working on new 'Classic +' versions of Little Big Adventures 1 & 2 (recently renamed Twinsen's Little Big Adventure Classic 1 & 2 to avoid confusion with Sony's Little Big Planet series) that will bring controller support, UI changes including in-game language selection, unspecified "gameplay improvements", and various platform-specific features, including cloud saves and achievements.

[...]
More information.

I had fun with the 1st game years ago.

The animations and some expressions were a bit silly, since the game seemed mostly targeted at kids / family gameplay, but it was overall enjoyable. :) I'm not sure it has aged well though, and I see the changes are mostly Windows port, controls & UI.

A remake, or at least remaster would have more appeal. The first change I'd bring is continuously scrolling levels instead of the original system. IIRC, it didn't scroll at all but once you reached the edge of the screen, it would draw the next part of the level (and bring your character back to the other side of the screen). The 2nd would have been the controls, so that's a good thing.

I have fond memories about the series. More than 20 years past since I played them. A remake would be nice, but I don't know it can live up to today's gameplay standards.

I'm not much of a platform playing fan, never have been really, though the other elements do sound like things I'd enjoy. Might check these out on you-tube at some point and watch someone else give them a go, see if they appeal to me.

Both games had a unique setting, but I also found them a bit hard, then.

I'm not much of a platform playing fan, never have been really, though the other elements do sound like things I'd enjoy. Might check these out on you-tube at some point and watch someone else give them a go, see if they appeal to me.

I'm not sure why they put "platform" in the features, it's an isometric action/adventure game.

Back
Top Bottom