Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
ELEX II got the first patch:

Elex II Patch 1!

Hey everyone!

We have just launched the first patch for Elex II on steam

Patch notes are as follows -

• Fixed problems with certain graphic cards (especially VEGA chipsets)
  • Fixed some screen tearing problems
  • Reduced mesh size
  • Increased mesh cache size
  • Fixed a bug where mesh cache got fragmented over time
  • Fixed a bug in controller support
  • Fixed various smaller bugs
We also released a patch on Playstation 4 and 5 that fixes the screen tearing

More information for other platforms will come in the future.
More information.

That was prettty fast. Hopefully this has a significant impact for the people who are having performance issues.

Patches are always good.
And Elex 2 is also mostly positive on steam, so even needing patches its getting good overall reviews!

I'm waiting for a fix to the camera issues before playing. I'm happy to see that most people who are not bothered by or willing to tolerate those, seem to be enjoying the game. It makes me hopeful that I will too.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos, which I wasn't aware existed until someone in the Steam forums (otherwise not the most pleasant place to be) pointed it out. This is a professional quality, free game set in the Gothic universe, built on the Gothic 2 engine, and I wasn't even aware of it. :) I suppose everyone around here knows about it already, but in the off chance that someone doesn't, I highly recommend checking it out.

Whelp the patch introduced a few bugs that break the Albs quest-line.:(

Yep, I was affected by that. Can't join them now. I've made a "faction choice" save though, which I'll go back to in order to try different factions later on. Hopefully, it's fixed by then.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos, which I wasn't aware existed until someone in the Steam forums (otherwise not the most pleasant place to be) pointed it out. This is a professional quality, free game set in the Gothic universe, built on the Gothic 2 engine, and I wasn't even aware of it. :) I suppose everyone around here knows about it already, but in the off chance that someone doesn't, I highly recommend checking it out.

Great game, and yeah, it's been talked about here. It won Mod of the Year

Whelp the patch introduced a few bugs that break the Albs quest-line.:(

Of course. I was going to start my playthrough today. I might wait now.

That doesn't sound good indeed.
However I'll proceed my playthrough. I was going to do all the faction quests before joining a faction anyway.

Add it to the long list of games that got noticeably more broken after they were patched.

Patches should of course exist for games that need them. But there should be a change in how they're delivered, specifically on what timeframe. Every time I'm playing a game with little or no issues I literally dread patches coming out.

I guess it is "only" this specific issue. If you're past this point you're probably good.
It's that and the other main quest giver afterwords that is unresponsive if you already finished that quest prior to the patch also. Sounds like they broke the code.

There is a workaround but it only works on steam by re-downloading the older version.

I have the GOG version.

Last edited:
The Alb trainer is still stuck with half his body below the floor so you only see him from the waist up. lol
More annoying is the poor timing of some triggers. I was half way through a scripted attack on the camp when 3 of my 'companions' interrupted me wanting to do the next stage of their companion quests thus pulling me away from a central scripted event. Surely something like that should have been caught in early testing!!

Back
Top Bottom