Knights of the Chalice II - Release Date: March 25

I doubt I'll fire it up on day one, yet if there's ever a game that might cause me to do such a thing, this could be that. I'm full of squee's and yet also trying to keep all my silly expectations in some kind of check!

I just hope KotC II doesn't scare too many people away with how difficult it is. The first game is in my Hall of Fame.

What do they call "release"? I remember very much the author claiming that the game was "released" when KotC II v1.0 was made available on the game website.

Considering how tough the first game was and is, no one should be expecting the sequel to be a cake walk. While I've not sampled the wares as of yet for the second game, I'm pleased to read that the toughness seems to continue.

The amount of party wipes in that video is somewhat concerning.

I played KotC2 when it first released about 6-9 months ago and the difficulty was too high and it required very specific tactics to complete many of the fights. Hopefully there are a few more options now in terms of actually viable character builds.

Considering how tough the first game was and is, no one should be expecting the sequel to be a cake walk. While I've not sampled the wares as of yet for the second game, I'm pleased to read that the toughness seems to continue.

It's about 4x harder than the first. With mods I'm hoping some classic adventures are made and new ones. Have played Harkenworld (sp?) already.

What do they call "release"? I remember very much the author claiming that the game was "released" when KotC II v1.0 was made available on the game website.
The backers of the Kickstarter got their keys last year, but it wasn't available on the bigger platforms like Steam and GOG, although you could download it from the developer site I believe. That is also the reason why we removed it from our list of contenders for the GOTY 2021, because few would have played it.
So you can consider it to be released in 2021, but only for a small crowd. Now it is available 'more' publicly.

The title says Evil is Rising, is this a new module that is being released with the full game release or is this the same as previous title Augury of Chaos, and what modules are included in the full release? Apologies for my ignorance.

The title says Evil is Rising, is this a new module that is being released with the full game release or is this the same as previous title Augury of Chaos, and what modules are included in the full release? Apologies for my ignorance.

It's the same Augury of Chaos that it ever was apart from the fact that there have been innumerable changes to it over the past year, with more content, more options and improved graphics.

Previous surprise at the difficulty of the game can now be off-set by a myriad of personal choice difficulty settings and even for those that was the core design intended experience there's more availability of gaining levels before entering the dungeon than there was in earlier versions.

I don't know if it's available along with the release game directly, but the standalone epic adventure Harkenwold will be available as a module upon release, though you may need to visit nexusmods to find it if it's not on the steam page.

The backers of the Kickstarter got their keys last year, but it wasn't available on the bigger platforms like Steam and GOG, although you could download it from the developer site I believe.
It hasn't been available for purchase on his site, Kickstarter was the only way I think.
So you can consider it to be released in 2021, but only for a small crowd. Now it is available 'more' publicly.
The author has been pretty consistently referring to the upcoming release as the "Official Release", so I would think it should be considered a 2022 release. But I'm not sure what he calls the older versions that the Kickstarter guys got. Preview? Beta? Unofficial Release?

Considering how tough the first game was and is, no one should be expecting the sequel to be a cake walk.

I like to be challenged, but the toughness of the first game, as reported, always put it down my to do list.

It's about 4x harder than the first. With mods I'm hoping some classic adventures are made and new ones. Have played Harkenworld (sp?) already.

The amount of party wipes in that video is somewhat concerning.

I played KotC2 when it first released about 6-9 months ago and the difficulty was too high and it required very specific tactics to complete many of the fights. Hopefully there are a few more options now in terms of actually viable character builds.

Uhh, I really HATE when you have to have very specific tactics to complete a fight, especially when it's not clear what tactics will work and you have to just keep trying things (and wiping) until you find that one thing that does some damage.

Uhh, I really HATE when you have to have very specific tactics to complete a fight, especially when it's not clear what tactics will work and you have to just keep trying things (and wiping) until you find that one thing that does some damage.

I'm not a big fan of puzzle-like fights either. The first Blackguards game was like that at release, and I eventually gave up out of annoyance.

I'll give this a shot eventually, but I'm overloaded with games right now.

I seriously might have to replay that first game yet again, while this one works out all the kinks and whatnots for a few weeks/months. At least I've been recently replaying classic, tough games, so my mind-frame should be spot on.

Graphics is basic - special effects could be better - especially see-through, but the sheer complexity of the game and the extreme amount of content makes this MUSTPLAY!™©℗®

got an * affinity election * watching this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom