HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Telepath Tactics Liberated will be released today:

Telepath Tactics Liberated

Deep tactics
Ever played an SRPG and thought "Gosh, I wish I could shove enemies off cliffs"? Ever wished you could hack through trees to open up a path, build a bridge to cross water, or dunk enemies into that same water? This is the game for you!

Telepath Tactics Liberated is a strategy RPG influenced by classics like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Final Fantasy Tactics. Come experience a well-told tale of redemption, revenge, and liberation with challenging battles and a large cast of unique characters.

Features

• Shove enemies off of cliffs or into each other!
  • Fling enemies into environmental hazards like traps, chasms, water, and lava!
  • Destroy walls, freeze water and lay explosives, changing the face of the battlefield to your advantage!
  • Build an army from dozens of unique characters in 24 base classes!
  • Promote characters to one of 48 powerful prestige classes!
  • Learn more than 150 different skills!
  • Keep your army well-supplied; make hard choices about your priorities both on and off the battlefield.
  • Use the built-in campaign editing suite to build your own campaigns with unique characters, battles, cut scenes, items, skills, and dialogue - and download other peoples' creations to play!

As a ground-up remake of the 2015 indie classic Telepath Tactics, Telepath Tactics Liberated features the same awesome map design, varied character roster, and deep turn-based tactics of the original in an entirely new engine! Wishlist it now!

Game Wisdom interviewed Craig Stern about the game:

More information.

I did get a notice that I'll receive this game when it launches later today, I'll wait for a few patches/updates to land first, of course, then I'll schedule this and see if I can FINALLY get past that one battle that always hung up for me in the original game.

What a great game it is, this one is next on the list after underrail.

I did get a notice that I'll receive this game when it launches later today, I'll wait for a few patches/updates to land first, of course, then I'll schedule this and see if I can FINALLY get past that one battle that always hung up for me in the original game.

there was a workaround i believe..

If there was, I entirely missed it. I did attempt the fight three times, each time it took roughly forty minutes before the bug locked the map up, so after the third go I just decided it wasn't going to happen. I did leave feedback at the time, yet heard nothing back on the matter.

Apparently the main reason he remade this game was he couldn't fix some of the bugs in the original and suspected that may have been due to (Flash) engine limitations.

But the story and pretty much everything else are supposed to have been improved as well. I didn't play very far into the original though and once I heard about the remake I never revisited it. I'll try this out tomorrow.

If I wasn't hip-deep into another game right now I'd be sorely tempted....that, and knowing the errors in the previous version, plus the probability of updates/patches for this newest version, well, I'm resisting!

Yeah waiting for patches is pretty much always a wise move, even with remakes. I see someone has reported some significant bugs on a Steam thread.

In one of the early battles I discovered an exploit of sorts. In this particular battle the bandits retreat after 8 rounds even if you haven't killed any of them. Enemies cannot open closed doors and also do not pursue you if they can't see you. They will attack through an open door but only if you're visible from the outside (if you turn the corner before they're in the building, they act as if you've vanished).

So if you send your entire party into one of the buildings and close the door behind you, you can win the scenario without ever being attacked and get loot from two chests as well. It is intended to be an easy battle (still part of the tutorial really) but surely not meant to be that easy and I'm more concerned this could be a problem with later fights.

Back
Top Bottom