General News - Triangle Strategy Worldwide Sales Do Well

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamingbolt reports that Switch exclusive tactical RPG Triangle Strategy has sold nearly 800K worldwide.

As Square Enix works on improving Babylon's Fall and addressing issues with Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, it's seen a good measure of success with Triangle Strategy. Developed by Artdink and led by Tomoya Asano of Bravely Default fame, its worldwide shipments and downloads are nearly 800,000. The tactical RPG launched on March 4th for Nintendo Switch.

[...]
More information.

It looks like a game right down my alley, and the art is beautiful, as it usually is the case in SE games. Might have to dust off my Switch...

I'm not generally for wearing PCMR blinkers, but this one newsbit strikes me as oddly distant from our typical CRPG sphere.
What's your reasoning for considering something as circumstantial as the sales numbers of a game apparently completely unavailable to a PC gamer as worthy of a newsbit, even though it may be a nice SRPG? Not trying to bash this, just curious.

I'm not generally for wearing PCMR blinkers, but this one newsbit strikes me as oddly distant from our typical CRPG sphere.
What's your reasoning for considering something as circumstantial as the sales numbers of a game apparently completely unavailable to a PC gamer as worthy of a newsbit, even though it may be a nice SRPG? Not trying to bash this, just curious.

Lots of our readers have Switch so they maybe interested. It is a typical PC users console because of all the exclusives that aren't available for PC. And of course there is the hope that the developer is tempted to release a PC port someday and sales success makes that more likely.

I for one appreciated it being brought to attention, as I don't visit console-specific news sites! And so SE owes you a sale now.

Back
Top Bottom