Aledorn - Steampage launched

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Aledorn has a Steampage now and is announced for 2022:

Aledorn

Aledorn is an RPG game that brings back several time-tested principles in a mixture of fantasy RPG/Dungeon. It's primarily made for (and from) hard-core gamers and those who prefer games with high challenge level. As we've already mentioned, our game has three basic features. Firstly, in the exploration GUI, you'll get the chance to experience the world of Aledorn from the first person view in the same way as it was common for many classical dungeon crawlers. This GUI will serve for most of non-combat actions such as exploration, opening of treasure chests, searching for secrets, interaction with NPCs, collecting of herbs etc.

The second GUI will "accompany" you during numerous travels between game's locations. We've decided to avoid the profaned vast generic "open-world filler" creation so that we could invest more time and resources into improvements of the main game locations. This way, we'll be able to make each of them more unique and unforgettable such as the locations from Baldur's Gate or Fallout series used to be. Apart from these fixed locations await you countless random encounters and secret areas which add to the player's feeling of being a part of a rich and living world.

An interesting part of travelling is the management of camping. When your characters need to stop for a while in the open, they may be assigned various actions via the camping management GUI. The results of these actions will strongly affect party members' statistics, possesions and overall group's performance. The third (and for us also the most challenging and important) feature of Aledorn is its combat system. Combat GUI combines the isometric view and bird's eye perspective to offer the maximal battlefield overview. The combat system of Aledorn also strives to get as close to the reality as it's only possible. We want to avoid unnecessary frustration caused by restrictions of our combat system. We are especially proud of our battlegrounds. There are almost no predetermined battlegrounds for the duels that await our players. Combat GUI will place all party members and enemies at the same spot they were standing at just before the combat commenced. That means, clever maneuvering and decisions in the exploration GUI may put you into advantageous position at the beginning of combat and everything you see during exploration will be present and potentially usable during the fighting.
Apart from that, you may expect all the fun stuff of a classic RPG such as: party creation (with unique races and class selection), complex system of attributes, perks and skills, NPC with branched dialoque options, magic, alchemy, complex quests with multiple solutions and outcomes, detailed inventory management and difficulty settings, that apart from challenge level directly enable/disable many hardcore gameplay features.

Aledorn will be a combination of puzzles, branched dialogue options, tactical turn-based combat, quest-solving and last but not least intriguing and complex RPG-system. We were inspired by several masterpieces of the RPG/dungeon and strategy genre. Namely: Betrayal at Krondor, Realms of Arcania: Shadows over Riva, Might & Magic, King's Bounty and Fallout series.

More information.

The environments look pretty. It would be a shame for all those assets to go to waste.

I already marked the game as canceled in our database…

It was cancelled. The two developers split from the original company and had to redo parts of it but it is actually much more impressive now than it was originally.

You can read about it here: http://noezgames.com/?lang=en

What I read a few years ago was that some of the devs took the assets they had rights to, and started a new game named "Aledorn". So I guess technically "Dungeons of Aledorn" was cancelled? Back then, they said they were planning on honoring the Kickstarter, ie people who pledged for Dungeons of Aledorn will get the Aledorn game, and whatever else their pledge entitles them to.

edit: I guess this is where my info came from. Almost 3 years ago:
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg/posts/2462679

It was never canceled and I see many members don't read the forum threads either. It basically has a very troubled development and had to be restarted from scratch.

Based on the current info it's probably still a long way off from release in 2022.

Here's the link about what happened - http://noezgames.com/?p=237710&lang=en

Last edited:
It was never canceled and I see many members don't read the forum threads either. It basically has a very troubled development and had to be restarted from scratch.

Given that they basically had to restart (Team 21 holds the copyright for Dungeons of Aledorn and most of the assets i.e. Art) it isn't much of a stretch to say "Dungeons Of Aledorn" was cancelled and a new project rose from the ashes i.e. Aledorn ;) Anyway, just splitting hairs, not interested in having an argument :)

Not splitting hairs or even targeting you. That's a job for other members.:biggrin:

I was just suggesting that most members likely don't read the forum threads. As this was talked about on a few various threads already over the last three years.:)

I meant I was splitting hairs. Logically speaking you are correct as it is still coming out even if it was delayed :) I was just trying to give everyone an "out" for saying it was cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom