ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Review @ Mortismal Gaming

Prepare for a lot of reading if you wanna play it lol, i liked this more than the main game; i thought i found most of the content but after finishing it(32.5 hrs on record) and checking the achievements, i was surprised on how much i missed despite going everywhere and talking with eeryone.

Prepare for a lot of reading if you wanna play it lol, i liked this more than the main game; i thought i found most of the content but after finishing it(32.5 hrs on record) and checking the achievements, i was surprised on how much i missed despite going everywhere and talking with eeryone.

Well, 32.5 hours isn't a whole lot for this kind of game, so I'm glad there's a bit more content than that.

How was the writing compared to the first game? Are there still a lot of jokes and references that only Russians are likely to understand?

The references are Russian-centric, sure, but I don't think they're that obscure if you know some 20th century history.

The references are Russian-centric, sure, but I don't think they're that obscure if you know some 20th century history.
Agreed, I thought I understood the vast majority of it, but maybe some of it went over my head and I didn't even know. But I guess if you weren't alive and paying attention in the 1980s (or earlier), and also don't know anything about Cold War era history, you'd be kind of lost.

There were very few references in the base game that I didn't get, the humour was pretty evident and added a lot of value to the game. Those classic nods will have much to do with why I replay this game in the future, as well as pick up this additional content at some point. These designers get it.

I'll sadly admit I never finished both games. Nothing great in my defense I just moved on to other games ever time I replay them. I'm still waiting on that rumored game that the developer claimed they would talk about months back but never did as well.

I'll sadly admit I never finished both games. Nothing great in my defense I just moved on to other games ever time I replay them. I'm still waiting on that rumored game that the developer claimed they would talk about months back but never did as well.

I'm surprised, I thought it was among your favourite games.

Same. I'm not embarrassed if I don't finish games, not anymore. Some of them are very long, or sometimes there's a new one which is really exciting and I jump ship. After all, the purpose is to have fun, it's not a duty.

But yeah, the spent money tends to make us feel like we need to play them through. There'll always be a drought period or a change of mood to come back to them. :)

It is my favorite game but I'll play it halfway through and just stop. Seems to be a habit in the last two years that I rarely finish a single game. I play CK2, HOI 4, and NWN a lot.

Mostly because of all the mods.

Maybe you like it so much that you don't want to see the end? ;)

And then there's the PoE games... But I've not given up on ATOM or PoE2 just yet. The thing is, the plots and quests have faded from memory when resuming a game after so long, so there's a kind of "motivation barrier" to overcome first.

I'm not even how far I am in ATOM, Galaxy says 33 hours of gameplay so that must be about half way.

A guy took me on his ship from Krasnoznamenny and I ended up in a badly irradiated area, but too early apparently, I have little protection against that, so I backtracked to other areas like the circus. So it feels like there's still enough exploring to do.

Back
Top Bottom